none
Resume synchronization job after reboot RRS feed

• 질문

• Running DPM 2019 on a Win2019 server.   Trying to backup a file server (~5.5 TB) to disk - but it is taking FOREVER (99 hours so far and only 1/3 of the way through).   

If I reboot either the file server or the backup server (or both) is there a way to get DPM to RESUME the current job, rather than start over?
    2020년 3월 10일 화요일 오후 8:48

모든 응답

• I should add .... it had been making progress, albeit slowly.   But watching the Monitoring of "All jobs in progress", I see that the amount of data transferred has not changed in over 3 hours now.   

Which makes me believe something has stalled.   

Although the status still says "In Progress".

2020년 3월 10일 화요일 오후 8:53
  • Hi Chris,

You can only resume stalled backup jobs, if this is the first backup I would wait for it to complete so you have at least one full backup, I would personally recommend doing full backups during the weekends.

5.5TB is a reasonable amount of data, but it shouldn’t take that long, since you mention that this is a file server it could be that there are a lot of files, which would also be the cause of the backup taking longer.

The most common reasons for backups taking long is either the network bandwidth, or disks slowing down.

What is your network bandwidth? Are you using a dedicated network for backups or are the backups run on the production network?

Also what kind of storage & disks are you using for your DPM storage pool? For example HDD or SSD (if HDD then what are their speeds?)

Easiest to find bottlenecksbis to monitor your backup server with for example Performance Monitor, the following areas is what you should monitor in this case:

• Disks
    • Network adapters
    • Processor
    • Memory

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

• 편집됨 Leon Laude 2020년 3월 11일 수요일 오전 7:28
    2020년 3월 11일 수요일 오전 5:18