none
RDP/TS - Printing Error RRS feed

• Pergunta

• Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post regarding my issue, it's related to Printing/Printer Redirection on Remote Desktop Services!

We have a Remote Desktop Server which day to day operates perfect. It's running Server 2016 DC, recently installed.

We have been having this issue which either happens each day or every two days. We have printer redirection enabled and it works fine, however at some point during the day the server continues redirecting printers. When trying to print however the following error appears:

The document Print Document, owned by <user>, failed to print on printer OfficePrinter (redirected 14). Try to print the document again, or restart the print spooler. 
    Data type: RAW. Size of the spool file in bytes: 1015048. Number of bytes printed: 0. Total number of pages in the document: 1. Number of pages printed: 0. Client computer: \\APP1. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 2147500037. Unspecified error

Another error I seen was the below, which appears multiple times too.

Application popup: Windows - Application Error : The instruction at 0x00007FFA5C56E616 referenced memory at 0x0000000000000074. The memory could not be read.

Click on OK to terminate the program

I did notice when going into Devices and Printers on the Remote Desktop Server the 'Computer/Server' has a status of "Device Setup in Progress" - I noticed the "Device Setup Manager" service was running - which should only be triggered when needed, tried to stop and restart the service however with no luck.

I have tried restarting the Print Spooler, with no difference I also checked to see if we are using  Type 3 or Type 4 drivers as I read Type 4 can cause these kind of issues.

The resolution at the moment, is to get users to log off and restart and this fixes it for a period of time!

If anyone has some ideas or anything to try/look into, please let me know!

Thanks,

Adam

segunda-feira, 30 de abril de 2018 07:46

Todas as Respostas

• Hi,

I want to confirm with you if you configured the RDS as “Use Remote Desktop Easy Print printer driver first”?

If so, try to disable GPO “Use Remote Desktop Easy Print printer driver first”:
    Computer Configuration - Administrative templates - Windows Components - Remote Desktop Services - Remote Desktop Session Host - Printer Redirection

Also, on client, please make sure that appropriate printer’s driver is installed. then, check to see if problem happens again.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

terça-feira, 1 de maio de 2018 05:46
    Moderador
  • Hi Eve,

We don't have "Use Remote Desktop Easy Print print driver first" enabled, the drivers which are used on the client and server are the same driver!

I also experimented by disabling the Device Setup Manager service, so I will monitor this and see how this goes!

Thanks,

Adam

terça-feira, 1 de maio de 2018 06:46
  • Update:

After disabling Device Setup Manager, it seemed to work for a little longer.

So this morning, Redirected printers are not appearing at all!

quarta-feira, 2 de maio de 2018 07:29
  • Hi,

Please try to re-stat the Device Setup Manager service and confirm the result. 

Besides, please provide more information about your RDS deployment:
    1. Your RDS server OS version and roles install on each system.
    2. Is there any change before problem happens?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

quarta-feira, 2 de maio de 2018 07:40
    Moderador
  • Hi Eve,

I will give this a try and report back!

1. Server 2016 Datacenter, Only role we have installed is Session Host.

2. No changes before the problem occurs! Printers are all redirected, printing works with no issues, then all of a sudden this stops. So far the two scenarios have been:

• Printers are still redirected, however printing does not work and you get an error under "PrintService" event log
    • Printers stop redirected completely.

Thanks,
    Adam

quarta-feira, 2 de maio de 2018 09:18
  • Hi Eve,

Issue happened again, Printers were still being redirected however the same error as per original post when trying to print.

Tried to start / restart Device Setup Manager service, however still no change in the behavior!

Thanks,

Adam

quinta-feira, 3 de maio de 2018 14:00
  • Hi,

If possible, please try to update/re-install printer drivers, also, please make sure that appropriate driver version which is applied to current OS version has been installed.

Besides, it is recommended to patch your system fully with windows update and hostfix, it would be helpful for resolving some known issues and improving the performance.

Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 update history:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000825

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

sexta-feira, 4 de maio de 2018 05:50
    Moderador
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

segunda-feira, 28 de maio de 2018 09:05
    Moderador
  • Have you had any luck fixing this? I'm running in the exact same issue, but RDS on Server 2019 standard.
    segunda-feira, 16 de setembro de 2019 18:26
  • We're having the issue with a Xerox MFP, but the rest of our HP standard printers are printing. 
    sexta-feira, 8 de novembro de 2019 14:06