none
How to disable the move folder to local Pc RRS feed

Respostas

• Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marcado como Resposta gianni28 sexta-feira, 29 de novembro de 2019 15:33
    sexta-feira, 29 de novembro de 2019 08:00

Todas as Respostas

• What sort of privileges does the local user have?  If the local user has the ability to create folders and documents on their local machine, and they have the ability to read the shared folder, I don't think there is any way to prevent a user from making copies on their local machine.

tim

• Sugerido como Resposta MotoX80 segunda-feira, 25 de novembro de 2019 13:08
    terça-feira, 19 de novembro de 2019 17:26
  • Hi,

As Tim Cerling says, if the local user has the ability to create folders and documents on their local machine, and they have the ability to read the shared folder.

By default permissions are inherited, so if you want custom permissions for a file or folder, you have to first disable inheritance.

For your reference:

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/set-file-folder-permissions-windows/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best Regards,

Farena

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

quarta-feira, 20 de novembro de 2019 03:11
  • Good morning,

how can I prevent folders from moving from the 2016 server to the local PC?

Thank you

Gianni

Hi,

You can delete read permission (NTFS or Share permission) on the Server 2016 , or prevent users to create folder on the local PC.

Please don't forget to mark the correct answer, to help others who have the same issue. Thameur BOURBITA MCSE | MCSA My Blog : http://bourbitathameur.blogspot.fr/

quarta-feira, 20 de novembro de 2019 10:03
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Farena

sexta-feira, 22 de novembro de 2019 08:30
  • Thank You for your reply,
    but the problem is not to share folder in local Pc, but is don't to permit to move any folder from Server 2016 to the User local Pc, privileges only for the Administrators.

br

gianni

sexta-feira, 22 de novembro de 2019 17:37
  • Hi,

As reply, that depends on the privileges  of the local user have.

Best Regards,

Farena

segunda-feira, 25 de novembro de 2019 09:03

• but the problem is not to share folder in local Pc, but is don't to permit to move any folder from Server 2016 to the User local Pc, privileges only for the Administrators.

As Tim Cerling has already replied, if you have a shared folder on a server and the user has read access to the files, and on their local pc they have write access to some folder, there is no way to stop them from copying the files from the server to the local pc.  

"Moving the folder" implies that the user is then deleting the folder from the server. To prevent that you use the advanced security dialog and remove delete access. Note that this may cause problems with Word and Excel due to the way they save files using temporary files.

Win10 example. 

segunda-feira, 25 de novembro de 2019 13:24
  • Thank You,

I would that Windows Server has the same function such as Citrix Metaframe, Presentation Server.br

Gianni

segunda-feira, 25 de novembro de 2019 17:59
  • Citrix is a partner because it extends the capabilities of Windows Remote Desktop Services.  If Mtaframe offers a capability that you cannot get from Windows, then it makes sense to purchase Metaframe.  But what you described is not natively available with Windows.

tim

terça-feira, 26 de novembro de 2019 00:05
  • Thank You for your cooperation!

As I understund there are'nt solutions on AD Win Server 2016.

As Citrix implie a Cloud, at present is not our target, we try other tricks...

Have You got any other Idea to bypasse our problems?

br

Gianni

terça-feira, 26 de novembro de 2019 14:09
  • "As Citrix implie a Cloud, at present is not our target, we try other tricks."

I do not understand this statement.  Citrix has been providing on premises solutions since they formed as a company.  Their solution is not available only in the cloud.

"Have You got any other Idea to bypasse our problems?"

As noted earlier, if you are trying to prevent a user from copying the contents of a shared folder to a local folder, it is completely dependent upon permissions.  You never defined the permissions of the user you are trying to restrict.  

Maybe if you provide more information about your users and a different explanation of the issue you are trying to resolve, we may be able to offer some other ideas.

tim

quarta-feira, 27 de novembro de 2019 14:51
  • Hi Tim,

I see that exist the storage zone to implement in our data center...I'm sorry

I read a wrong page

I try to explain better: I don't want that any user has the possibility to move the folders, where they have the piviliges, to the local Client; they must use the folders/files only on Win Server 2016, I want that be denied any copy/move on local Client, it's for this reason I thinked to Citrix, because I don't see any applicable Police on Windows Server to solve this problem.

In other words, the Client works only such as he use terminal...such as many years ago..
    My target is to denie the esfiltration, where and when is possible.
    I know it i simple with 2-4 minutes with with a screwdriver, remove a hard disk from the notebook ... social engineering.

Thank you very much for your effort and other members too, that support me to solve this problem.

I appreciate.
    Gianni

quarta-feira, 27 de novembro de 2019 15:18
  • "In other words, the Client works only such as he use terminal...such as many years ago.."

The only way I am aware of that Citrix could do this was to lock down the access by the end-user.  In other words, the environment only presented the end user with the Citrix client and the applications available presented through that.  A similar capability can be configured using Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.

"My target is to denie the esfiltration, where and when is possible"

If you are not able to configure a locked down environment, you may be able to at least track exfiltration.  It would take some work, but you would need to have complete control of the remote device, too.  You can implement file auditing.  This would alert you to any access to a file or files.  You could generate reports based upon the specific files of interest.  It would be after the fact, but at least you would have a log.

tim

quinta-feira, 28 de novembro de 2019 15:42
  • It's very helpfull your contribute, and from others members too, I will try to implement and test in air-gapped.

thank you again!
    quinta-feira, 28 de novembro de 2019 16:34
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

• Marcado como Resposta gianni28 sexta-feira, 29 de novembro de 2019 15:33
    sexta-feira, 29 de novembro de 2019 08:00