none
HIDCLASS.SYS Driver not signed, can't use mouse or keyboard RRS feed

• Pergunta

• Using Windows 7, USB drivers don't work, says HIDCLASS.sys driver not signed, is provided by Microsoft.  Is this happening to anyone else?  Where can I get a signed driver?
    terça-feira, 18 de junho de 2019 19:09

Todas as Respostas

• Hi,

Please try to disable the driver signing in Windows:

1) Press Win+R (Windows key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog box will appear.

2) Type gpedit.msc in the run box and click OK button.

3) Click User Configuration in left pane and double-click on Administrative Templates in the right pane.

4) Double-click on System.

5) Double-click on Driver Installation.

6) Double-click on Code signing for device drivers.

7) Select Enabled, change it to Ignore from the drop-down menu. Then click OK button.

After disabling the code signing for device drivers, install the driver and it should work this time.

IMPORTANT: Remember to enable the code signing for device drivers after installing the driver, as this will prevent your computer from installing any unsigned application or driver without any warning.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

quarta-feira, 19 de junho de 2019 17:56
    Moderador
  • Maybe I wasn't clear in my post.  I have been able to get the driver installed using the process you described above and my devices work.  However, once I re-enable the code signing, the driver is no longer allowed to function and the devices do not work.  This is because the driver provided by Microsoft is no longer signed for some reason.  Please advise.
    quarta-feira, 19 de junho de 2019 18:09
  • OS drivers can be checked by run,type:  SigVerif   It's rare these days for any pc mfg to have un signed drivers thru Microsoft WHQL,they wont install w/o the digital signature.Either way,pc MB running any hardware use the Chipset installation software/driver,this allows the OS to use USB/Video/Audio/etc.Get this from youre pc mfg,or pc hardware mfg (Intel/AMD/etc).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23061/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-for-Intel-Desktop-Boards?product=1125

the above is a example,more options can be had thru Intel download center. 

sexta-feira, 21 de junho de 2019 01:13
  • Hi,

This driver is an official Microsoft one so it should be signed by default.

Let’s refer to the following link to see if it works:

Windows 7 claims driver is not digitally signed, but it is

https://superuser.com/questions/577830/windows-7-claims-driver-is-not-digitally-signed-but-it-is

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

segunda-feira, 24 de junho de 2019 02:37
    Moderador