none
Microsoft launcher messed up the settings on my Android phone. RRS feed

• Pergunta

• I installed Microsoft Launcher on my Samsung phone, I decided I did not like the interface so I uninstalled it. All of the settings I had before I installed Launcher are are now gone. The screens have have all changed. The shortcuts are missing, and the settings in some to the applications are not what they were. I am quite upset about this and I want my phone back to what it was. I do not know how. 
    quarta-feira, 27 de dezembro de 2017 05:33

Todas as Respostas

• I have the same problem and its pissing me off.

sexta-feira, 2 de março de 2018 03:00
  • Have you found a solution?

My apps don't work and I lost all my downloaded files and gallary.

I can't even go to Play Store to install a new launcer.

domingo, 8 de abril de 2018 10:19
  • I installed also, and now the color on my phone is messed up. How do I fix it? This is messed up! I'm pissed about this!!!!!!!!
    sábado, 14 de abril de 2018 08:13
  • I managed to remove the Launcher App but my phone is totally screwed up. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks a lot Microsoft. Why do we keep buying their crap?
    quinta-feira, 24 de maio de 2018 00:49
  • Hard Reset is the option left.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

quinta-feira, 24 de maio de 2018 01:11
  • i did the same thing and now my phone is screwed just like you said. How do you delete it? i disabled it but my widgets and apps are all still screwed. I'm freaking out, i hate microsoft launcher!!!

quarta-feira, 13 de junho de 2018 22:54
  • seriously???!!! but then won't i lose everything on my phone? FU**ING MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quarta-feira, 13 de junho de 2018 22:56
  • i WOULD REALLY LIKE YOU TO TELL US HOW TO REMOVE MICROSOFT LAUNCHER, ALL I COULD DO WAS DISABLE IT....AGGGGHHHH!!!

quarta-feira, 13 de junho de 2018 22:58
  • Good grief! What a PoS! My Galaxy S7 survived the ordeal, but not without a $h1t ton of cursing. MS is now so far up my $h1t list, they'll be dust in the wind before I try something like that again... Here's what I did:

• Go to settings --> apps
    • Go to the Microsoft Launcher app 
    • The uninstall option was grayed out (WTF?!)
    • Forced the app to stop
    • Then I went in and selected the Samsung launcher (MS Launcher was selected)
    • The uninstall button was now active
    • Uninstall the app - it takes a couple minutes, so be patient.
    • Slowly but surely, all my stuff went back to normal

Good luck, everyone. Remember, LINUX is our friend ;-)

quinta-feira, 13 de setembro de 2018 01:27
  • 13th day of september 2018 (i repeat -> 2018) and yet the same problem, yet i see this page with you guys, yet microsoft staff did not reply, yet did nothing for that shitty app, yet it gets people (like me) mad
    quinta-feira, 13 de setembro de 2018 20:15
  • To anyone still looking around at this. I have an Android phone, the LG V20, but I imagine it'll work on most other Androids, too. Settings->General->Apps->3 dots upper right->Configure Apps->Default section "Home" Selection. It should say Micrsoft Launcher, tap that and select "Home and App Drawer" Or something similar. It should immediately reset you're screens, including all shortcuts, to your old settings.
    segunda-feira, 24 de setembro de 2018 20:18
  • This worked flawlessly!  Thank you!

quarta-feira, 26 de setembro de 2018 00:11
  • If you are using a Samsung phone, you need to go to Settings -> Apps -> Samsung Internet Experience -> Startup Screen and then selcect Samsung Internet Experience and this will turn everything back to normal
    quarta-feira, 10 de outubro de 2018 17:28
  • I had the same problem when I got and email that if I installed the launcher that I would recieve 500 points and then double the points for using bing to search.  I use the rewards points to donate; however, when the launcher installed it changed the whole look of my phone and added a bunch of stuff.  I did not give it a chance because it broke down my configuration that I had my apps in and everything.  The first thing that I did was went to the settings and changed the permissions of the launcher and the default settings to the servicers. after I disabled the launcher permissions and set up the defaults then the uninstall button was accessible and I was able to uninstall the app and my old settings where back in place.
    segunda-feira, 15 de abril de 2019 02:19
  • THANK YOU! You saved the day!!!! Got everything back but the picture in my background! 
    sexta-feira, 12 de julho de 2019 04:42
  • Thank you for your valuable information. I realized my mistake within minutes of downloading Microsoft launcher onto my Samsung. My learning curve is very small, but your precise instructions were easy enough for me to understand. You are much appreciated.
    sexta-feira, 26 de julho de 2019 16:27
  • I had the same problem. I uninstalled Microsoft Launcher shortly after installing it on my Samsung phone. It had interfered with other apps on my phone and made it nearly impossible to answer incoming calls or get to other functions. By the time I was able to get out of the launcher, the phone stopped ringing, it was extremely frustrating. After uninstalling it, I had to redo all my customizations because everything reset back to default, including backgrounds for the log-in screen and home screen, custom ring-tones I had for important contacts were gone, the icons were from a different theme etc. It was a pain in the butt to get everything back to the same way I had before I installed that stupid launcher. Samsung offers it's own launcher but I won't install any kind of launcher ever again. Microsoft Launcher basically took over my phone and made it almost useless. I decided that syncing my phone with my computer wasn't worth the trouble afterall.

• Editado Siggy63 sábado, 5 de outubro de 2019 15:34
    sábado, 5 de outubro de 2019 15:29
  • I was able to uninstall it when I finally managed to get back into my phone's Settings and Apps. I just clicked on the icon for the launcher and then on Uninstall. But afterwards I had to redo everything I had customized before I installed the stupid launcher. I didn't lose any files but all my settings were gone, the custom backgrounds, icons and ringtones were all set to a theme I didn't want. 
    • Editado Siggy63 sábado, 5 de outubro de 2019 15:38
    sábado, 5 de outubro de 2019 15:38
  • My Galaxy S6 Edge was so messed up after I finally got rid of the MS launcher, there were quite a bit of colorful metaphors used and I normally don't curse. I already didn't hold Microsoft in very high regard after they released an Automatic Update to Windows XP towards the end of support that killed off the OS (I'm convinced it was on purpose to force XP users to upgrade). I managed to recover from that blue screen error by reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling the OS from the installation disc. I still have that computer and use it offline for retro games and old apps that won't work on my newer computer. Now they're getting ready to end support for Windows 7 too. I'm not allowing my PC to automatically update, I'm carefully selecting which updates I'm allowing it to install, not all updates are necessary anyway. I also have a Windows 10 laptop and one thing I immediately noticed was that they took that option to choose away. Newer computers also don't come with a re-installation DVD, only a recovery partition. So if the HDD goes kaputt I'll be SOL. 
    sábado, 5 de outubro de 2019 15:47
  • I had tried that with my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, it did not work. I had to redo everything from scratch because after I uninstalle the MS Launcher all my customized settings were simply wiped out. 
    sábado, 5 de outubro de 2019 15:51
  • That was the same reason why I installed it on my phone too. I do the MS Rewards for Amazon and Starbucks gift cards. Plus syncing my phone and laptop sounded like a good idea at the time. But the app messed up my phone so bad I missed incoming calls because I couldn't get out of the launcher in time to answer the phone. I was not happy with the way the launcher interfered with everything and made my phone look like shit with different icons and such. I hated the launcher from the moment I installed it and quickly disabled and then uninstalled it. But all my previous settings were wiped out with no way to revert back to them without completely redoing everything from scratch. MS Launcher gets a big "F" for fail from me.
    sábado, 5 de outubro de 2019 15:58
  • I have a Samsung J7, I too made the mistake of loading MS Launcher.  I deleted it almost immediately but, by then it had made major changes to my pages and icons.

I can't find any settings anywhere on my phone to change the looks, no sign of Launcher in the apps.  

I'm guessing about the only thing to do is backup my contacts & media and reset to factory defaults.

Anything I'm missing?

quarta-feira, 9 de outubro de 2019 21:07