none
Help! I have an encrypted drive that i made in Windows 10. Now i cant unlock it in Windows 7, even though i know the password! RRS feed

Respostas

• Hurry, since this is expected behavior (see my comment) and your comment does not refer to that expected behavior, please be so kind and don't mark it as possible solution unless the thread-opener himself says it helped him. Otherwise you would leave the impression that you don't read the comments of other participants.
    • Marcado como Resposta Azim1980 terça-feira, 9 de abril de 2019 13:51
    terça-feira, 9 de abril de 2019 13:40

Todas as Respostas

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

What error message do you receieve when typing the right password?

Have you tried to use your recovery key to unlock it, please?

Meanwhile, please refer to the method mentioned in the following link:

https://www.m3datarecovery.com/bitlocker-drive-data-recovery/bitlocker-drive-wont-unlock-with-correct-password-recovery-key.html

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

quarta-feira, 3 de abril de 2019 16:26
  • Azim, the encryption method that windows 10 uses by default is unknown and unreadable by Windows 7. Thus, you can only decrypt that drive on windows 10.
    quarta-feira, 3 de abril de 2019 19:49
  • Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?
    Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

sexta-feira, 5 de abril de 2019 13:54
  • Hi,

Is there anything else I can do to help you on this issue?

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Hurry

domingo, 7 de abril de 2019 12:41
  • Hurry, since this is expected behavior (see my comment) and your comment does not refer to that expected behavior, please be so kind and don't mark it as possible solution unless the thread-opener himself says it helped him. Otherwise you would leave the impression that you don't read the comments of other participants.
    • Marcado como Resposta Azim1980 terça-feira, 9 de abril de 2019 13:51
    terça-feira, 9 de abril de 2019 13:40