none
How to setup shortcut to always run as different user RRS feed

• Pergunta

• Hopefully a simple one. I need to run an MMC console as a different username each time. I know I can shirt/right-click and run-as user and this works fine but I can't find anywhere in the shortcut to set the credentials so it always opens under the different user ID. There is nothing under the advanced tab of the shortcut other than run as administrator
    Ian Burnell, London (UK)
    segunda-feira, 19 de julho de 2010 10:40

Respostas

Todas as Respostas

• Hi,

You can type runas /user:domain\user program.exe when creating a shortcut to run a program as different user.

For more information, please refer to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/windows_security_runas_shortcut.mspx?mfr=true

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    quarta-feira, 21 de julho de 2010 03:15
    Moderador
  • I needed this for the Hyper-V manager under MMC. I had a little bit of trouble with the syntax due to the spaces in the expanded path name. After creating the shortcut I edited the target to be the following:

C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /user:domain\username /savecreds "mmc \"%ProgramFiles%\Hyper-V\virtmgmt.msc\""

Works great.

• Sugerido como Resposta Zethoun segunda-feira, 8 de setembro de 2014 15:47
    quarta-feira, 21 de dezembro de 2011 21:05
  • The magic is the /savecreds parameter, only the first time ask for the password.

Thanks a lot to all.

• Sugerido como Resposta Jim Gould quarta-feira, 28 de junho de 2017 12:59
    quinta-feira, 5 de setembro de 2013 13:19
  • Thanks, still working in windows 10, I used it for SQL SERVER

sexta-feira, 10 de março de 2017 17:22
  • Hi

Got weary of running apps as Diferent user so I once built "Admin Impersonator"
    I've just rebuilt a fresh copy. It is free to download and use.

sexta-feira, 4 de agosto de 2017 11:33
  • how do you setup a shortcut to always run active directory users and computers as another user?
    sexta-feira, 6 de outubro de 2017 20:15
  • @thomas

It apears that the edit settings menu does not popup a settings menu.

What can i do to get a fix/workaround?

thx

quinta-feira, 19 de outubro de 2017 11:22
  • The account in my case needs password but I can't type it in the cmd window that pops up... 
    quarta-feira, 22 de novembro de 2017 10:27
  • Hopefully a simple one. I need to run an MMC console as a different username each time. I know I can shirt/right-click and run-as user and this works fine but I can't find anywhere in the shortcut to set the credentials so it always opens under the different user ID. There is nothing under the advanced tab of the shortcut other than run as administrator
    Ian Burnell, London (UK)

Very helpful and complete. Thanks a lot.

sexta-feira, 26 de janeiro de 2018 09:38
  • In WIN10 it's /savecred without an "s".
    quinta-feira, 7 de junho de 2018 00:56
  • The account in my case needs password but I can't type it in the cmd window that pops up... 
    The CMD window can't hide your password, so it just doesn't show what you type. Type your password and hit 'enter' and it will work.
    quarta-feira, 13 de novembro de 2019 15:58