none
SSMS 18.x query tabs rendering trouble RRS feed

• Pergunta

• I have this unpleasant issue with new SSMS 18.x (tested on both existing versions 18.0 + 18.1) which stops me from using it.

When I'm switching between query tabs, the code from previos tab stays visible until I scroll the mouse scroll button. And when the code from active tab is shorter than the window, the blank portion is filled with code from previously active tab (see image).

I don't have this problém with SSMS 17.x. on the same machine.

quarta-feira, 19 de junho de 2019 09:41

Todas as Respostas

• Yes, I have seen this too. For me at least, it is intermittent. I can have it for a while, and then it goes away. I have not been able to find out exactly what action I need to make it go away.

In my case, it mainly happens when I switch from the Query to the Message tab for the same window, not between query windows, but I know others who have reported that.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

quarta-feira, 19 de junho de 2019 21:24
  • Hi JiriDolezal,

I have the same issue on SSMS18.0 in my environment with you. I  recommend you to submit it to the Microsoft feedback at this link https://feedback.azure.com/forums/908035-sql-server . This site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft feedback.

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

quinta-feira, 20 de junho de 2019 05:35
  • I came here today because I'm having the same issue, and was hoping someone had a solution...

I do have a "fix" that seems to work at least in the short term...  try resizing the application and then maximizing again.  This seems to make the problem go away for at least a little while - but it definitely comes back, so it's not a long term solution.

sexta-feira, 28 de junho de 2019 14:48
  • I thought it was my graphics driver or something, but I see the same problem on my new computer too with a fresh install of Windows. Super annoying.

But I think the workaround I found on another website fixes it: going to TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> ENVIRONMENT -> GENERAL

Then untick the following 2 checkboxes:
    Automatically adjust visual experience based on client performance
    Use hardware graphics acceleration if available
    domingo, 13 de outubro de 2019 18:20
  • I thought it was my graphics driver or something, but I see the same problem on my new computer too with a fresh install of Windows. Super annoying.

But I think the workaround I found on another website fixes it: going to TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> ENVIRONMENT -> GENERAL

Thanks for this tip!

I have not seen this for a while; it might be that it was fixed in 18.3. Or I have just been lucky. I'll keep this in mind if I see it again.

domingo, 13 de outubro de 2019 19:06
  • When I'm switching between query tabs, the code from previos tab stays visible until I scroll the mouse scroll button. And when the code from active tab is shorter than the window, the blank portion is filled with code from previously active tab

This is a problem that exists since version 18.0 and has not been solved until version 18.3.1. The workaround solution proposed by Microsoft is: There are redraw issues when switching between multiple query windows. A workaround for this issue is to disable hardware acceleration under Tools > Options.

But the best solution is to uninstall SSMS 18.x and install SSMS 17.9.1.     ;)

José Diz     Belo Horizonte, MG - Brasil     [query performance tuning: Porto SQL]

Este conteúdo é fornecido sem garantias de qualquer tipo, seja expressa ou implícita.

• Editado José Diz domingo, 13 de outubro de 2019 20:01
    domingo, 13 de outubro de 2019 20:00

Thanks for this tip!

I have not seen this for a while; it might be that it was fixed in 18.3. Or I have just been lucky. I'll keep this in mind if I see it again.

thank you very much I was struggling with this issue for hours
    sábado, 16 de novembro de 2019 20:37