none
VM High CPU Load - Windows Server 2012 R2 & DL580 G5 RRS feed

• Discuţie generală

• Hi, i`ve installed 2012 r2 on a HP Proliant GL580 G5 with the following specs:
    2 x Xeon Quad @ 2,4Ghz  (e7330)
    32GB RAM 
    8 x 10K SAS configured in into 2  x RAID10 
    4 x redundant PSU

I`ve created a Virtual machine with 2012 R2 and i noticed verry pour performance and high CPU load.
    This happens when i`m starting a aplication , no matter wich aplication. If i do nothing i just stay loged in
     the CPU usage is 0-1% , when i`m starting Mozzila Firefox or annything else the CPU goes upto 38%.

This VM has assigned at this moment 7 virtual CPU from 8 and 16GB of RAM (i tried different combos with same result)
    DURING THE TIME OF HIGH CPU USAGE ON GUEST , ON HOST THE CPU DOESN`T GO HIGHER THEN 4-5%.
    I`ve tested this with and without joining to the domain and i have to mention that the PORPOUSE for buying and installing Windows server 2012 R2 and the DL580 G5 was the have on top of it 2 x VM Terminal servers 2012 r2 wich to hold atleast 25-30 user per total.

Annyone in here who had the same ISSUE and managed to bypass it?
    EDIT: IF I TRY TO RUN A APLICATION ON HOST IT SEEMS TO HAVE HIGH CPU USAGE , NO MATTER WHAT APP IS, AND USUALLY WHEN I START THE APP IS SEE IS HIGHEST CPU USAGE.

marți, 29 aprilie 2014 08:09

Toate mesajele

• Hi Sebby!

1st of all this a Romanian Forum, so if you're from around feel free to express yourself in Romanian :)

Secondly, this is quite strange as one app can't have such a major impact on the CPU. There must have been some sort of problem when you've configured the VM. Have you tried deleting the VM and creating a new one from scratch? Does the problem still occur?

Regarding high CPU usage on host, it's ok to have a spike when starting an app, however it should "cool down" in a matter of seconds, if not maybe you should do a virus scan, or at least try to monitor your processes via HiJackThis. It seems to me something more happens when you're starting an app, maybe something behind it, you are not aware of.

Let us know on how is this going.

Good luck!

Denis | Marchează ca răspuns postarea care te-a ajutat!

vineri, 16 mai 2014 11:16
  • Mi-as fi dorit sa fie un virus sau ceva de genul insa,  de la momentul primei postari si pana de fata am mai incercat si alceva.. am instalat VMware vSphere si am pus pe el o masina virtuala cu w2012R2 si se intampla la fel, daca inainte aveam 2 x raid 1+0 am incercat si cu un singur raid1+0 si la fel. 
    luni, 26 mai 2014 15:08