none
Win srv 2012 DHCP policy relay Agent Information RRS feed

• Întrebare

• HI, All 

kindly need your support to complete the win 2012 configuration  dhcp relay agent to assign ip for network vlans from win 2012 dhcp server 

Thanks.

luni, 9 decembrie 2019 12:40

Toate mesajele

• I assume that your DHCP server would be a Windows Server 2012 and you need to configure DHCP relay agents to relay traffic to it. If such then there is no specific DHCP configuration on your server to accept the relaying. All you have to do is to configure the DHCP relay on your network equipment per VLAN and this depends on the equipment you have as the commands depend on the vendor.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

luni, 9 decembrie 2019 12:55
  • i already configure the network device , but how i can assign ip for each vlan from the one dhcp server , i need i have info that i must setup the dhcp scope and superscope and than configure the dhcp policy relay agent Circuit ID .

thanks

luni, 9 decembrie 2019 13:15
  • You just have to setup a DHCP scope for each of your VLANs on the server with the relevant settings (e.g. DNS servers, gateway ...). That is only what you would really need. If you are referring to something else then happy to help but would need more information of what you are exactly trying to achieve.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

luni, 9 decembrie 2019 13:17
  • i just have 3 vlan in cisco switch and need to assign ip's from one dhcp server win 2012 and i have one internet router cisco and one firewall asa 5525 ,  i need all the the vlans using the the same internet router and firewall .

thanks

luni, 9 decembrie 2019 13:37
  • Then all you need is to create 3 DHCP scopes with the Gateway and DNS settings you want to push. Once done, you need to configure your DHCP switches to use your DHCP server as a relay. This is how I am used to proceed.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

luni, 9 decembrie 2019 14:25
  • thanks
    luni, 9 decembrie 2019 14:34
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

marți, 10 decembrie 2019 06:44
  • Hi,

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Ellen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

joi, 12 decembrie 2019 09:01