none
Toshiba Audio/USB Hub RRS feed

• Întrebare

• Hi, I have a Toshiba Multimedia Center Audio/USB Hub (external).
    Since installing Windows 7 this device has failed to function properly, mainly due to the fact that Windows 7 has installed it's own generic Audio/USB Hub Driver wich does not run the device correctly. Due to this, while I'm able to get sterio sound, I'm unable to get surround sound from it, nor use the line in, line out, and Mic jacks on the front of the device which do not functions at all.

I have tried all steps I can find surfing the net and these forums, right down to using Xp Compatability mode and run as admin to install it's own drivers, but all I get are errors telling me the driver is not compatible with the device.

I recently discovered however that the hub runs on the same chipset as a Creative version, and that the drivers are compatible with each other. So I tried to install Creative's Vista driver for 'Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit'. This driver actually installed sucessfully. However, once I had rebooted as requested I found that the sound was no longer working at all and tat the driver read 'Device' or 'Driver' (can't remember which) 'could not be started'.

So I've currently had to reinstall the default Windows 7 driver and leave it be with just some sound working. Can any one shed some light on this matter? I love this OS so far, and would really hate to have to uninstall it for the sake of a non functioning Audio/USB hub.
    miercuri, 22 iulie 2009 18:21

Răspunsuri

• I do encounter the same problem also. The product is called "Toshiba Multimedia Center" and it is based on Creative sound blaster 24bit chip. However, there wasn't any driver support since Windows XP.

Offical website:
    http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/toshibadirect.to?page=multimediacenter

I hope that Microsoft can add an update for this device in the future as there are quite a lot of ppl using it as far as I know.

Hardware vendors provide a lot of the driver support included with Windows.  If the device hasn't had any driver support since XP, I don't imagine that they'll make Win7 drivers for it.
    • Propus ca răspuns de ro888 marți, 11 august 2009 08:56
    • Marcat ca răspuns de Nicholas LiModerator miercuri, 26 august 2009 04:35
    marți, 11 august 2009 00:39

Toate mesajele

• Hi,

Thank you for your posts.

May I know the model of this device? We will help you check if there is a proper driver released.

Meanwhile, please run Windows Update and see if there is a new driver.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    vineri, 24 iulie 2009 10:31
  • Hi!

Model Number: SB0500

And so far I can't see any updates. I'll keep looking.
    vineri, 24 iulie 2009 16:22
  • I do encounter the same problem also. The product is called "Toshiba Multimedia Center" and it is based on Creative sound blaster 24bit chip. However, there wasn't any driver support since Windows XP.

Offical website:

I hope that Microsoft can add an update for this device in the future as there are quite a lot of ppl using it as far as I know.
    luni, 10 august 2009 21:59

Offical website:

Hardware vendors provide a lot of the driver support included with Windows.  If the device hasn't had any driver support since XP, I don't imagine that they'll make Win7 drivers for it.
    • Propus ca răspuns de ro888 marți, 11 august 2009 08:56
    • Marcat ca răspuns de Nicholas LiModerator miercuri, 26 august 2009 04:35
    marți, 11 august 2009 00:39

Offical website:

The device does support XP but not VISTA and Windows 7
    marți, 11 august 2009 08:56
  • The device does support XP but not VISTA and Windows 7
    So is it end of life for this device?

I have tried to install also creative live but i get just stereo no surround no 4.1.

Here is discussion with no solution on Toshiba web.

http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=39605

Any suggestion is appreciated.
    duminică, 30 august 2009 13:23
  • Hi, I know this is an old thread but I have just got an sb0500 and all the drivers installed fine off the toshiba website. However, the mute button is permanently on. Button won't turn it off. Any ideas how I can turn it off? I'm not sure if its working with my laptop or not until I can get the mute button off!!!
    sâmbătă, 2 februarie 2013 18:56
  • It doesn't matter if MUTE button is ON on device. Card is working fine and you can hear the sound despite MUTE LED ON. Not much you can do but it's just a cosmetic.

This Toshiba Multimedia Center works fine and is installed automatically in Win7-Win10 without need of external drivers. It just works as a generic audio card. In my comp it's called USB Audio Device. It can be set as stereo, 3.1 and 5.1 device. Sound quality is much better than most of integrated audio cards.

And it can be tweaked further to semi-audiophile device by adding low noise linear PSU, exchanging capacitors, better clock for dac, maybe op-amps swap. But thats another story for DIY audio enthusiasts :)

It's a great device, shame that manufacturer abandoned it as it's very close to Creative SoundBlaster 24!Live External USB - SB0490 (Toshiba is SB0500) and this SB 24Live USB card is still supported by Creative, they even released drivers for win10. But these drivers doesn't work with Toshiba unfortunately...

I tried mentioned on amazon review trick to install this card by changing values in .inf file but it didn't help, installer says that "no compatible device".

Anyway card just works, sounds very nice, only thing you miss is slightly bloated software from Creative for different tasks, not really needed in everyday use. If you need advanced functions then you probably should choose newer, professional interface. Most users will be happy with that Toshiba Multimedia Card.

Hope this helps :)

AeoN

sâmbătă, 3 august 2019 04:48
  • This is 2019,kind of a outdated post...Either way,install Chipset software/driver,then install audio driver/software..Intel Chipset for Win 7 is v9.2 Hard to believe a chip runs on same as Creative,Creative downloads will show separate versions...
    sâmbătă, 3 august 2019 20:48