none
High CPU usage by Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) each time I go out of sleep mode. RRS feed

• Întrebare

• Every time I put my laptop to sleep and have a Windows Explorer window open, the CPU goes to 100% for several minutes after waking up the computer. If I wait for a long time, it will eventually go back to normal, but most often I close all the Windows explorer windows, manually or using Task Manager, and reopen them again to get to a normal CPU working load. I have not been able to identify clearly with process explorer what is causing this, although SHCORE.DLL is one of the suspects. Searching on Internet I have surprisingly not found many similar cases, so I do not know how to proceed.

Running sfc gives a few errors, which do not seem to be possible to repair, but I doubt it has anything to do with this problem.

2019-10-13 15:03:07, Info                  CSI    00000991 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"fdeploy.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-fdeploy, Version = 6.3.9600.17415, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
    2019-10-13 15:03:07, Info                  CSI    00000993 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:14{7}]"fde.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-fde, Version = 6.3.9600.17415, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

I have checked the files at virustotal.com, and no virus has been detected.

As far as I remember this laptop has always behaved like this, so I cannot relate it to any specific update or installation. Moreover I almost only use portable apps, which normally should not mess with system settings.

Any ideas of how to proceed to find what is causing this very annoying error is very appreciated!

The computer is an Acer Aspire E13, still running Windows 8.1. (I upgraded temporarily to Windows 10, but the error as described above was still there.) 

marți, 15 octombrie 2019 09:09

Toate mesajele

• When laptop resume from sleep mode, system will re-load drivers. So you’d better make sure all devices have installed proper drivers for Windows 8.1.

Besides, Windows built-in tools called Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor can help you diagnose high CPU issue.

It is easier to see all the information if you expand the Resource Monitor window to full-screen size (click on the Tile box in the upper right corner). Click on the CPU tab, and you find the Processes section expanded.

More information here:

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/12/28/a-detailed-windows-resource-monitor-guide/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

joi, 17 octombrie 2019 06:40