none
1903 ADMX Templates? RRS feed

• Întrebare

• When will Microsoft release the 1903 ADMX templates for Windows 10?

Thanks

Ian Matthews www.urtech.ca www.commodore.ca

miercuri, 5 iunie 2019 00:14

Toate mesajele

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

As of today, there is no official documentation or download link "yet" for the Windows 10 (1903) ADMX template.

You will have to give it some more time before the latest ADMX template gets released. The following link lists some changes in the new ADMX 1903, please try to refer to it:

https://www.vacuumbreather.com/index.php/blog/item/84-group-policy-changes-in-windows-10-1903-preview

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

miercuri, 5 iunie 2019 01:40
  • Currently, there is no official documentation on the Group Policy Object (GPO) settings for the latest release of Windows 10.

But you can extract through PowerShell:

https://4sysops.com/archives/new-gpo-settings-in-windows-10-1903-enforce-updates-storage-sense-and-logon/

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

miercuri, 5 iunie 2019 02:13
  • Thank you for posting. I have the same question ;-)

Martin Schneeberger

miercuri, 5 iunie 2019 05:00
  • I have the same question ;-)

miercuri, 5 iunie 2019 08:32
  • Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

duminică, 9 iunie 2019 11:43
  • I have the same question ;-)
    duminică, 9 iunie 2019 16:52
  • I feel like this is a major oversight on Microsoft's part.  This should have been ready and available the day of release, at a minimum...especially given how long this build was delayed from release, that should have been plenty of time for Microsoft to get all of its ducks in a row.  Otherwise, it is a practical impossibility to manage a 1903 deployment in an Enterprise environment.  Not unless we utilize 'unofficial' methods, anyway.
    luni, 10 iunie 2019 18:56
  • Do you have an UNofficial ROUGH ETA for release of Win10 1903 ADMX templates? 

I need to know if I should start creating custom reg entries pushed through GPO or I should just hold off because the release is expected to be another two weeks.

Thanks

luni, 10 iunie 2019 19:08
  • grab a copy of the ADMX/ADML files from a v1903 pc?

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

luni, 10 iunie 2019 22:14
  • Hi Guys,

In a recent discussion with the MS Team. Nobody has an idea when they are going to release the ADMX for windows 10 1903 however if you have installed the OS on the machine you can manually copy the ADMX from the OS as they have been updated in the OS this time. 

What I mean to say is that on your windows 10 1903 open the location (C:\Windows\PolicyDefnitions. Copy the EN-US and rest of the ADMX files . Update them in your DC CentralStore Aka C:\windows\sysvol\domain\policies\PolicyDefinitions 

Hope this helps. 

miercuri, 12 iunie 2019 08:11
  • Thanks for the response. 

Do you know if there a reason the 1903 ADMX templates have not been released separately?  Are there bugs?

miercuri, 12 iunie 2019 20:42
  • Hi,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Please be patient to wait.

If there are any updates, I will keep you informed.

Best regards,

Hurry

joi, 13 iunie 2019 07:25
  • Hi, I'd also like to be notified when the v1903 admx files are available. I'm aware you're not personally responsible, but I agree with the other commenters that Microsoft should have released the v1903 group policies at the same time they pushed v1903 to the stable channel for widespread release.
    vineri, 21 iunie 2019 15:44
  • We are now into July so 1903 has been RTM'd for 3 months, surely someone at MS has a formal update on when the new templates will be released (OR has direction to pull them from a currently patched C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions )

Thoughts?

miercuri, 3 iulie 2019 18:04
  • Looking for these as well and agreed, if the templates have issues the OS should be held too (IMHO).
    luni, 8 iulie 2019 12:52
  • Hi,

Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 May 2019 Update (1903)

download link as below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58495

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

miercuri, 17 iulie 2019 06:00
  • All right! Thanks! Now to compare these to the GPO's I snagged from the PolicyDefinitions folder of my 1903 template installed from ISO.
    marți, 23 iulie 2019 20:05
  • Yesterday, at client X, William's link worked. Today, at client Y, it's a 404 error. Either a v2 is coming soon or the webmaster screwed up.
    marți, 13 august 2019 14:23
  • The link is currently broken, the page shows an "Error 404 - Not Found" error.
    marți, 13 august 2019 16:02
  • The link broke. What happen? Let me know when it is reposted.
    marți, 13 august 2019 16:11
  • Download has been pulled off :-(
    miercuri, 14 august 2019 11:47
  • Did you find any differences?
    miercuri, 14 august 2019 13:39
  • Did you find any differences?

It's really strange.

I only use en-US and de-DE, so I compared the ADMX files and the AMDL of en-US and de-DE.

v1 is missing file MicrosoftEdge.admx, v2 features file MicrosoftEdge.admx, but that file is identical to the MicrosoftEdge.admx of v1809, so if you already had the ADMX files of 1809 before in your PolicyDefinitions and copy the ADMX files of 1903 v1 to your directory, the correct file is already there ;-) !

The rest of the ADMX files v1 compared to v2 is identical!

Now let's check the ADML files (en-US and de-DE) of v1 and v2. They are also identical, BUT v1 features one more file: SearchOCR.adml. So v2 of 1903 is missing file SearchOCR.adml in both directories en-US and de-DE. Strange!

Hope that helps ;-)

As for me there is no need in updating my PolicyDefinitions with v2. I already had MicrosoftEdge.admx from my v1809 PolicyDefinitions and from my 1903 v1 installation the SearchOCR.adml is present in both directories en-US and de-DE.

sâmbătă, 17 august 2019 14:41