none
MDT 2010: WARNING unable to set working directory (-2147024894) RRS feed

• Întrebare

• Hello,

I am trying to deploy a vanilla Win7 Application with two Application - a custom office 2007 build and Adobe reader with the "/quiet" switch

At the end of my install, I'm faced with the errors below.

Where would I look up what these errors mean ?

"WARNING unable to set working directory (-2147024894)
    Application Microsoft Office 2007 returned an unexpected return code: 2
    Application Adobe Reader 9 returned an unexpected return code: 193"

Thanks,

S.S.

miercuri, 23 septembrie 2009 16:48

Răspunsuri

• Hi Spencer,

I dont think the silent switch you are providing is correct. There are different silent keys for different software pacakges.

As a suggestion you check the following link called www.appdeploy.com to find the silent keys, or in the vendor websites where it may have provided the silent keys.

Hope it helps
    Rakesh Sahoo
    miercuri, 23 septembrie 2009 19:50

Toate mesajele

• Hi Spencer,

I dont think the silent switch you are providing is correct. There are different silent keys for different software pacakges.

As a suggestion you check the following link called www.appdeploy.com to find the silent keys, or in the vendor websites where it may have provided the silent keys.

Hope it helps
    Rakesh Sahoo
    miercuri, 23 septembrie 2009 19:50
  • Thanks Rakesh,

This did help - as did that website - a great resource.

The good news is that I managed to fix ALL of my issues and get the deployment working.

Getting there ... slowly ... !

Oh, I also found out how to read the error messages (there something in the MDT help file about how to convert them to meaning errors!)

Thanks,

S.S.
    joi, 24 septembrie 2009 15:18
  • Spencer

how did you get rid of the return code:2?  i get the same message with mdt2010 install application task for installing adobe reader.

thanks
    luni, 1 februarie 2010 19:49
  • Spencer

how did you get rid of the return code:2?  i get the same message with mdt2010 install application task for installing adobe reader.

thanks

I had the same issue with Return Code 2. I fixed it by using the following install switches on my distributable install file for Adobe Reader.

Reader9.exe /msi /norestart /quiet /qb

I haven't tested it yet, but the /quiet might be redundant and pointless. Please let me know.
    duminică, 14 februarie 2010 09:57
  • I had the same problem

"WARNING unable to set working directory (-2147024894)
    Application Adobe Reader 9 returned an unexpected return code: 2
    Application  returned an unexpected return code: 193"

installing Adobe Reader 9.3 on to Windows XP Pro using Win 2K8R2 Server/MDT2010 after configuring the database to use the installation file I downloaded the offline install file. I assumed the standard switches would work withthe exe file but they did not. So went back to the drawnign board and found this article http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/deploying_reader9.pdf .

So the short version is the the installer needs run with the proper switches to expand the NOS installation files then use those files as the installation source, then the installation cammand that worked is "msiexec /i AcroRead.msi /qn".

Modifying the command to suppress the EULA: "msiexec /i AcroRead.msi /qn EULA_ACCEPT=yes" also worked.

I used deleted this from the database since I could find no comand line argument to prevent the creation of a desktop icon. Instead I used the "Adobe Customization Wizard 9" to create a new set of installation files including an MST file. Doing it this way I could 1) Accept the EULA and 2) Prevent the creation of a desktop icon. The installation command now becomes "msiexec /i AcroRead.msi /qn transforms=acroread.mst". This also worked, no error message, no EULA and no desktop icon.

luni, 29 martie 2010 17:33
  • I have the same problem, with office 2007 Professional and microsoft Security essenstia,both of them have the same error code Code: 2.

(Application Microsoft office Professional returned an unexpected return code: 2
    WARINING: Unamble to set working directory: (-2147024894)

joi, 23 iunie 2011 12:54
  • Not Helpful 

Appdeploy.com is a redirect to a shady site.

marți, 16 aprilie 2019 14:32