none
WIFI Connectivity Issue RRS feed

• Întrebare

• Have a W10 Pro 64 bit domain member client with the following issue per the user when out of the office and attempts to connect to a hotel or airline WIFI.

For Example:

• User connects to the hotel WIFI
    • Browser (Chrome) launches to open the hotel homepage to finalize the connection but page fails to load
    • User states only a 'failed to load' page appears (no screenshot or further details at the moment)
    • User has to manually type in the hotel homepage to finalize the WIFI connection
    • Now user is able to browse

I've gone ahead and reset Chrome and have asked the user to report back next time he's on travel and if the issue arises again to change the default browser to IE or Edge and try again.

Any idea what this happens?

Thanks 

luni, 22 octombrie 2018 18:30

Toate mesajele

• Hi,

• Have you set static IP and DNS server for the computer? If so, change to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically.
    • right click on your network icon in the tray and go to open Network and sharing center. Click the Connection: (name of the WIFI router. This will bring up the wi-fi status. Click Details, and look for the IPv4 Default Gateway. This will look something like: 192.xxx.x.x. Copy that number and type it into your browser. This will typically take you to or redirect you to the wifi's terms and conditions page.

Best regards,

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

marți, 23 octombrie 2018 05:38
  • Thanks for your response Travis, however, DHCP is used instead of static and this issue is happening when the user is on travel in hotels and flights.

This is an isolated case as no other clients are experiencing this as the terms and conditions page should auto load.

Thanks again

marți, 23 octombrie 2018 13:51
  • Hi,

Someone found that it was Chrome not collaborating with Windows 10. The hotel's login screen showed up just fine in Microsoft Edge.

Maybe change the default browser is a good idea.

Best regards,

Travis

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

miercuri, 24 octombrie 2018 08:42
  • Ok thanks.  I will advise my user to try that when he is out on travel next week.

miercuri, 24 octombrie 2018 16:06
  • I have this problem quite often on several laptops using both Edge and Firefox, especially with BT WiFi (FON).

Sometimes it helps to manually type the login page URL but often if I just wait a while it eventually loads the page.

miercuri, 24 octombrie 2018 20:49
  • Thanks for your response and it's a given this shouldn't happen at all as it has only recently popped up on this client when it didn't previously.  It seems as maybe the only resolution is the perform a restore.

joi, 25 octombrie 2018 13:13