none
no wireless on tower - domain blocks? RRS feed

• Întrebare

• Hello: (this is an unfortunate crosspost. I didn't find this forum till afterwards, sorry).  w7p 64b tower, ASUS mobo. On install I put it on its own domain name. What will happen if I remove the PC from the domain, and just put it in "workgroup?" -The problem is that this PC will not allow usage of a USB wireless adapter. I have tried 3 different brands & it's all the same story:  device mgr "sees" each adapter. For 1 adapter at least, it shows up in "networking & connectivity". But it will not enable. Driver is the latest. All wireless adapters work fine on another PC, a w10p laptop. Since I've tried "everything" else, what will happen to the w7p operability if I do drop our "xxx.xxx.biz"  domain? It really doesn't do anything & isn't needed. Please note that the w7p PC does connect to home nw/internet wired cat5e fine. Other suggestions to get wireless working welcomed (yes, I can install a card, but don't wish to). Thank you.

joi, 17 octombrie 2019 16:33

Toate mesajele

• Hi ,

I am a bit confused about your question. Could you please clarify more details?

Based on my understanding, USB wireless adapter works fine in domain, but if you put it in workgroup the adapter will not work.

Please feel free to let me know if my understanding is wrong.

>>  For 1 adapter at least, it shows up in "networking & connectivity". But it will not enable. 

Could you show me some screenshots? 

>> All wireless adapters work fine on another PC, a w10p laptop.

How about other windows 7 PC? Does USB wireless adapter work fine on other windows 7?

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

vineri, 18 octombrie 2019 07:21
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                  

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

luni, 21 octombrie 2019 03:35
  • Hi ,

Did you have any updates on this issue?

Best Regards,

Candy

marți, 22 octombrie 2019 05:39