none
Remote Desktop app does not connect after "Connecting to...nnnnn.nnn.nnnnn" and "Configuring remote PC" RRS feed

• Întrebare

• Hello, I'm using MacOS 10.15.5 and set up Microsoft Remote Desktop to access a computer on campus. I did so successfully once, and logged in for a couple of hours. I tried to do so again today and could not complete the connection. The Microsoft RD app returns to the "Connections" window. I enter my username and password, the window says
    "Connecting to...campus.computer.address"

"Configuring remote PC..."

and then returns to the "Connections" window.

I run Norton Security and VPN on my computer. Both apps were running when I connected to the campus desktop successfully.

What I have tried so far:
    1. Checked Norton Security's firewall settings, and enabled Incoming and Outgoing connections for Microsoft RD
    2. Turned off Norton Security firewalls
    3. Turned off VPN app
    4. Restarted Microsoft RD app
    5. Deleted the campus PC address. Set it up again.
    6. Restarted my Macbook Air.
    7. Tried connecting at three different times throughout the day (in case the campus computer was in use)

Has anyone else encountered this issue too?

I'm out of ideas and was wondering if there is anything else I could try. I'm getting in touch with the tech team on campus as well.

Thanks in advance, everyone!! Here's hoping I get some replies to this...

marți, 7 iulie 2020 12:38

Toate mesajele

• HI

1.if we download and install Microsoft Remote Desktop Beta for Version 10.4.0 (1808) on Mac computer,will the same issue happen ?

Microsoft Remote Desktop Beta for Version 10.4.0 (1808)
    https://install.appcenter.ms/orgs/rdmacios-k2vy/apps/microsoft-remote-desktop-for-mac/distribution_groups/all-users-of-microsoft-remote-desktop-for-mac

2.do you must dial VPN on Mac computer successfully first then remote access your computer on campus?

3.do you have windows pc in your home and remote access from your windows pc to your computer on campus?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

miercuri, 8 iulie 2020 03:19
  • Hi, thanks for thinking about this! I've tried the suggestions. I deleted the Microsoft RD app that I had and installed the Beta version. I tried to access the campus computer without VPN. And finally, I used my dad's laptop running Windows10 to try and get Remote Desktop running. Unfortunately, none of those changes enabled me to connect to the campus computer.

Do you have suggestions of where to look next?

miercuri, 8 iulie 2020 11:03
  • Hello,

It turns out that it was an issue with the campus computer. Thanks for taking the time to look into this. Much appreciated!!

joi, 9 iulie 2020 10:39
  • You are welcome!I am glad to hear that we can solve this issue.

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

joi, 9 iulie 2020 15:02