none
i have 1 dag with 6 database and i want to reclaim white space RRS feed

• Întrebare

• Hi

I have one dag with 6 database with each 2 copies and the white space of database has increased too much, and now i want to reclaim white space from all database without downtime. please help with step by step procedure.

Thanks M kush.

joi, 19 septembrie 2019 23:03

Toate mesajele

• Hi M Kush,

In general, moving mailboxes and deleting the database would be the best and quickest way to reclaim space. Of course, you can use Online/Offline defrag also, but that would spend more time and more work.

You can use this command to move all mailboxes from one database to another:

Get-Mailbox -Database <OldDB> | New-MoveRequest -TargetDatabase <NewDB>

The following cases tells questions about reducing white space for your reference:

Mailbox Database Size/White Space Reduction in a DAG

Reclaim Whitespace Exchange 2010

Some more links about defraging database:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rmilne/2013/08/23/offline-defrag-and-dag-databases-oh-my/

https://practical365.com/exchange-server/defrag-exchange-2010-mailbox-database/

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

vineri, 20 septembrie 2019 02:13
  • Hi

I have one dag with 6 database with each 2 copies and the white space of database has increased too much, and now i want to reclaim white space from all database without downtime. please help with step by step procedure.

Thanks M kush.

Whats too much whitespace? How did you determine that and why does it matter?
    vineri, 20 septembrie 2019 11:50
  • Hello Joyce

can you help me here for moving mailboxes to new database with step by step procedure with all commands

i have to make poa for same and submit for approval.

vineri, 20 septembrie 2019 18:36
  • space problem?

Hello Andy

can you help me here for moving mailboxes to new database with step by step procedure with all commands

i have to make poa for same and submit for approval.

vineri, 20 septembrie 2019 18:37
  • Hi M Kush,

Detailed steps of migrating mailbox to another database refer to this article:

Moving Exchange Server 2013 Mailboxes

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

luni, 23 septembrie 2019 06:33
  • Hi M Kush,

Do suggestions above help? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

miercuri, 25 septembrie 2019 08:14