none
Windows 10 laptops Windows Failed to Boot cause? RRS feed

• Întrebare

• I have deployed 200 new windows 10 (1903) laptops and just in the pass two days i have recieved 30+ laptops that says windows failed to start (0xc000000f) all of a sudden after a month (They were imaged in July and beginning of august) and deployed to all staff on Monday.  Could this be because of the windows vulnerability/new security update this past week or two? I have seen 3 devices do this and when i tried to get into computer management it said i was blocked even though they are admin accounts. Then once i restarted the error message pop up. Also what was strange was i had some technicians report when they were helping some staff that when they logged out of the pc that are other two profiles that were created on the image said they were signed in. then the restarted the PC and the computer would not start windows. I would just like to know if it is possible the vulnerability could cause this issue since all 200 laptops did not get updated with the new security update? so i can try and hunt down all the laptops.

vineri, 23 august 2019 16:25

Toate mesajele

• Hello,

Is there any more to the error message than the error code?

Did these machines ever boot up properly?  If they were just deployed on Monday to the staff, are we sure they booted these machines up?

Thanks, Darrell Gorter [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

vineri, 23 august 2019 17:17
  • They did boot up properly. We had to rename the machines, activate software, update a few things to prepare them to be deployed. this was during july and beginning of august and Everything was working fine. Staff even booted up the machines and starting working during orientation this Monday then all of a sudden after a restart there machine pop up the windows cant boot.
    vineri, 23 august 2019 17:29
  • Hello,

Was there any more text included with the error message?  There should have been some text along with the error code.

Thanks, Darrell Gorter [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

sâmbătă, 24 august 2019 13:52
  • Hi,

How did you deploy these Windows 10 machines?

The error 0xc000000f means error attempting to read the boot configuration data.

You can try to rebuild the BCD manually on one of the problematic machines:

1.Boot from the Windows install media

2.Click on Repair your computer.

3.Select the Windows installation drive, which is usually C:\, and click Next

4.Choose Command Prompt when the System Recovery Options box appears

5.Type the following command and press Enter afterwards:

bootrec /rebuildbcd

It will automatically scan for Windows installation and rebuild the BCD data file. After that, reboot your computer and see if it’s able to boot up successfully.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

luni, 26 august 2019 15:07
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

sâmbătă, 31 august 2019 15:41