none
Enable PowerShell Remoting problem

Întrebare

• Hi!

I installed Evaluation version of Windows 2016 and 2019 Standard. I trying configure PS Remoting and I have problem with it.

System is clear, I installed system and join to domain only. 
    After Enable-PSRemoting command I don't have any errors etc. 

When I use winrm command:

PS C:\Windows\system32> winrm quickconfig
    WinRM service is already running on this machine.
    WinRM is already set up for remote management on this computer.

Firewall is off for all profiles. 

For example bellow command:

PS C:\Windows\system32> Enter-PSSession -ComputerName localhost
    Enter-PSSession : Connecting to remote server localhost failed with the following error message : The client cannot con
    nect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is acceptin
    g requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly
    IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and conf
    igure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig". For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Enter-PSSession -ComputerName localhost
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (localhost:String) [Enter-PSSession], PSRemotingTransportException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CreateRemoteRunspaceFailed

What I doing wrong?

Thanks for help!

Br,

Paweł

sâmbătă, 20 aprilie 2019 17:31

Toate mesajele

• Hello,

After enabling PS Remoting you need to add trusted hosts in your devices. Please run the following command in order to solve your problem.

Set-Item WSMAN:\Localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value x.x.x.x -Force

Mark it as answer if your question has solved. MCT Regional Lead. x2 MCSE-MCSA Exchange Server & Windows Server

sâmbătă, 20 aprilie 2019 19:26
  • Hi Hamid,

thanks for answer.

I tried use this command with a few diferent ip address and i have this same problem. For example after use this command:

Set-Item WSMAN:\Localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value 0.0.0.0/0 -Force

i have error:

PS C:\Windows\system32> Set-Item WSMAN:\Localhost\Client\TrustedHosts -Value 0.0.0.0/0 -Force
    PS C:\Windows\system32> get-Item WSMAN:\Localhost\Client\TrustedHosts

WSManConfig: Microsoft.WSMan.Management\WSMan::localhost\Client

Type            Name                           SourceOfValue   Value
    ----            ----                           -------------   -----
    System.String   TrustedHosts                                   0.0.0.0/0

PS C:\Windows\system32> Enter-PSSession -ComputerName localhost
    Enter-PSSession : Connecting to remote server localhost failed with the following error message : The client cannot con
    nect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is acceptin
    g requests. Consult the logs and documentation for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly
    IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and conf
    igure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig". For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    + Enter-PSSession -ComputerName localhost
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (localhost:String) [Enter-PSSession], PSRemotingTransportException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CreateRemoteRunspaceFailed

Br,

Pawel

sâmbătă, 20 aprilie 2019 23:19
  • Did you launch Powershell with "Run as administrator"?
    sâmbătă, 20 aprilie 2019 23:50
  • Hi,

check your SPN records  ( setspn -Q */*computername*

Check if u have port 5985 accessible.  

$ipaddress = IP_Address_Server
    $port = port
    $connection = New-Object System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient($ipaddress, $port)
    if ($connection.Connected) {
        Write-Host "Success"
    }
    else {
        Write-Host "Failed"
    }

Also, read help file help about_remote_Troubleshooting
    • Editat de Mekac marți, 23 aprilie 2019 09:16
    marți, 23 aprilie 2019 08:38
  • Hi,

Thanks for answers.

MotoX80,

yes of course Powershell works with admin previlages.

Makec,

PS C:\Windows\system32> setspn -Q app03
    Checking domain DC=***,DC=net
    setspn : Invalid SPN app03
    + setspn -Q app03
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (Invalid SPN app03:String) [], Rem 
       oteException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandError

Ane when i used New-Object commnad

PS C:\Windows\system32> New-Object System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient(10.10.10.35,5985)
    New-Object : Exception calling ".ctor" with "2" argument(s): "No connection cou
    ld be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.10.10.35:5985"

BUT, it is important. 

I used telnet service to check 5985 port and it is closed. :( So probably I have problem with it.

all profiles of firewall is turn off and I add inbound rule this firewall for 5985 port and any address.

And of course WinRM service is running. 

Any sugesstion? :)

Br,

Paweł

marți, 23 aprilie 2019 15:48
  • yes of course Powershell works with admin previlages.

I only have Win10 Pro to test with so I apologize if this does not apply to the versions that you are testing.

Your command "Enter-PSSession -ComputerName localhost" is remoting into the machine that you are already logged on to. That's not real remoting. Have you tried connecting from a second machine using the first computer's name?

When I tried it on my test VM, I got an access denied when running as a standard user, but it worked when I ran it from an admin Powershell prompt.

I wasn't sure why you wanted to test "localhost", so I just wanted to point that out. 

marți, 23 aprilie 2019 16:10
  • First, use the command I provided for checking SPN records (with asterisks)

Turn all your profiles ON.  I hope

Run again (via elevated PS session)

1. Enable-PSRemoting -force
    2. winrm quickconfig

Test the port 5985 again.  Fix the port issue first. It is default port for PSRemoting  (I don't expect u reconfigured it to another port)

Is the W2016 machine part of the domain, or the workgroup?

Greetz to Poland, my friend.

miercuri, 24 aprilie 2019 05:19
  • Hi all,

I found my stiupid problem. Long time ago I set 10.10.10.0/24 value for IPV4Filter. And it was wrong. Should be 10.10.10.1-10.10.10.254, or * and this value was propagate via GPO. I changed this and everything was start works.

Thanks for all help and also the best for you Makec :)

Br,

Paweł

miercuri, 24 aprilie 2019 06:46
  • Hi,
    Was your issue resolved? 
    If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best Regards,
    Lee

Just do it.

joi, 25 aprilie 2019 08:41