Does RetainDeletedItemsUntilBackup overrides the RetainDeletedItemsFor? RRS feed

• Вопрос

• I cannot find a answer in web and microsft doc . Please help me with this question. 

Does RetainDeletedItemsUntilBackup overrides the RetainDeletedItemsFor ?

11 февраля 2020 г. 8:21

Все ответы

• As detailed in the documentation:

The RetainDeletedItemsUntilBackup parameter specifies whether to keep items in the Recoverable Items\Deletions folder of the mailbox until the next database backup occurs. Valid values are:

• $true: Deleted items are kept until the next mailbox database backup. This value could effectively override the deleted item retention and recoverable items quota values.

• $false: Retention of deleted items doesn't depend on a backup of the mailbox database. This is the default value.

For more information, see Recoverable Items folder in Exchange Server.

This settings applies to all mailboxes in the database that don't have this value specifically configured.

• Изменено Vasil L. MichevMVP 11 февраля 2020 г. 8:37
    • Предложено в качестве ответа VSP-- 12 февраля 2020 г. 3:12
    11 февраля 2020 г. 8:37
  • Hi,

As is mentioned in Set-Mailbox Parameters, when RetainDeletedItemsUntilBackup is set to $true, the value could effectively override the deleted item retention. Since RetainDeletedItemsFor can specify deleted item retention, this also can be overridden by RetainDeletedItemsUntilBackup.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

12 февраля 2020 г. 4:41
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any questions or need further help on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

18 февраля 2020 г. 9:18
  • Here is a brief summary about replies above for quick reference.

Question:

I cannot find a answer in web and microsft doc . Please help me with this question. Does RetainDeletedItemsUntilBackup overrides the RetainDeletedItemsFor?

Summary:

As is mentioned in the document, when RetainDeletedItemsUntilBackup is set to $true, the value could effectively override the deleted item retention.

ince RetainDeletedItemsFor can specify deleted item retention, this also can be overridden by RetainDeletedItemsUntilBackup.

Reference Link:

Set-Mailbox

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

27 февраля 2020 г. 2:54