none
Can we disable smbv1 in Windows 7/windows 10 and server version 2k8r2/2k12r2 ? if disabling in desktop smbv1 then any impact RRS feed

Все ответы

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

Microsoft's position on Server Message Block version 1 (SMB 1) in Windows systems is that organizations should just get rid of it.
    One of the "owners of SMB" at Microsoft, Ned Pyle, a principal program manager in the Windows Server high availability and storage group, had warned about continuing to use SMB 1 back in September in a TechNet article titled, "Stop Using SMB 1."

According to Pyle,the only reasons to continue to use SMB 1 include:

1. You're still running XP or WS2003 under a custom support agreement.
    2. You have some decrepit management software that demands admins browse via the 'network neighborhood' master browser list.
    3. You run old multi-function printers with antique firmware in order to "scan to share." 

So please confirm that whether your users are in need of these conditions and decide to get rid of it or not.

Please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Thanks Eric.

I wanted brief my enviroment.

We have windows 7 pro client machines where all users accessing local files server and shortcut ussing DFS path via logon script..
    dfs server we have 2k8r2 .

my doubt : if i have disabled smbv1 users will able to access cisf path and users will get DFS shortcut via logon script ?

2. same thing going to disabled in servers 2k8r2/and 2k12r2  ,then dfs path and other shared folder will be accesable ?

• Изменено Jituuu 20 мая 2019 г. 14:04
  • we got some article as well :

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1995592-disabling-smb1-stops-domain-authentication

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/staysafe/2017/05/17/disable-smb-v1-in-managed-environments-with-ad-group-policy/
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I feel sorry that I do not know much about DFS.

According to my little knowledge about DFS, DFS works with the Server Message Block (SMB) protocol, Microsoft’s DFS does not work with non-SMB file networking protocols such as NFS or HDFS. I think if you have enable SMBv2 or higher, it is still accessible for user to use dfs path.

Here is an article about how to detect, enable and disable SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 in Windows and Windows Server.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2696547/detect-enable-disable-smbv1-smbv2-smbv3-in-windows-and-windows-server 

Best Regards,

Eric

• Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please  "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Eric

• Thanks eric.

it was not a issue . i was looking advice or suggestions for the same.  so i have not implemented as of now , i have prepared pre-implementations report & sent to management. and i have tested in lab as well  no issue has been found  .

2 июня 2019 г. 12:13
  • Hi,

Thanks for sharing .

Please feel free to let me know if you need any assistance.

Best Regards,

Eric

3 июня 2019 г. 15:23