none
Exchange and Checkpoints RRS feed

• Вопрос

• We have 3 VM Exchange servers (2013). HyperV is 2012 R2.  Before I patched the servers I created checkpoints. New to using checkpoints.  I put the servers in maintenance mode, shut the server down, then create the checkpoints. I read that checkpoints should not be kept longer than 3 days. 1 week at the most. My question to remove the checkpoint from an Exchange Server:   Should I put the server in maintenance mode first, shut the server down and then remove the checkpoint?

Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

4 августа 2019 г. 0:06

Ответы

• We have 3 VM Exchange servers (2013). HyperV is 2012 R2.  Before I patched the servers I created checkpoints. New to using checkpoints.  I put the servers in maintenance mode, shut the server down, then create the checkpoints. I read that checkpoints should not be kept longer than 3 days. 1 week at the most. My question to remove the checkpoint from an Exchange Server:   Should I put the server in maintenance mode first, shut the server down and then remove the checkpoint?

Restoring Exchange from a snapshot is not supported, so a checkpoint probably isnt either.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/plan-and-deploy/virtualization?view=exchserver-2019

I would think you could just remove those checkpoints but if you are concerned, I would shut each server down one by one and remove.

4 августа 2019 г. 11:20
    Модератор

Все ответы

Restoring Exchange from a snapshot is not supported, so a checkpoint probably isnt either.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/plan-and-deploy/virtualization?view=exchserver-2019

I would think you could just remove those checkpoints but if you are concerned, I would shut each server down one by one and remove.

4 августа 2019 г. 11:20
    Модератор
  • Hi bfeltus,

I am writing here to confirm with you how thing going now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

6 августа 2019 г. 9:52
    Модератор