none
FTP shared files accessed from Windows Explorer keeps opening in browser instead of default app RRS feed

• Вопрос

• Hi!

I have configured ftp share and added it to Windows 10 computer as network location. I can access to that network location, I can see all files from that ftp share, everything is fine.

But one I can't understand - why media files keeps opening in browser and not from default associated app? For example, I have many mpg video files (sizes approx 1.0 to 3.0 GB each) and VLC media player is associated as default app for mpg file format. When I double click to one of mpg files it is opened from browser and offers me to download that file. If I just drag that file to VLC media player, I can stream it without downloading it first.

How I can 'tell' Windows to don't open those files from browser, but keep opening them from default associated app?

Some pictures to understand situation better -

FTP share accessed from Windows Explorer

After double click on one of mpg files, it opens in browser and offers to download it first

20 августа 2019 г. 10:40

Все ответы

• Hi,

Thanks for your posting in this forum.

I would suggest that you can try to go to the Control Panel, select Internet Options, go to the Advanced tab, and then ensure that you do check the option labeled Enable FTP folder view (outside of Internet Explorer), and then click Apply to save the setting change.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Abby

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

21 августа 2019 г. 6:33
  • Hi,

Just want to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Abby

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

23 августа 2019 г. 8:37
  • Hi, unfortunately you suggested tip does not fix the problem I described. This option allows to view ftp folder content right from the Windows Explorer, and yes, I have enabled that option already.

But maybe that option is controlled by some registry settings - how large data I can browse and open right from Windows Explorer and not from internet browser?

24 августа 2019 г. 20:34
  • Hi,

Thanks for your update.

Since the issue is more related to FTP, I would suggest that you can refer the following forum to get more help:

https://forums.iis.net/ 

Appreciate your understanding.

Best regards,

Abby

26 августа 2019 г. 8:09