none
Store can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. RRS feed

• Вопрос

• Using Windows 8.1 Enterprise and logging in as the Domain Administrator I get the error " Store can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again"

Normally I wouldn't use the Domain Admin account but it is the only account that will allow me to map network drives to a Windows 2012 R2 server.  But that's another issue.

10 марта 2014 г. 10:41

Ответы

• Hi,

This is a design by default, However, you can change it by following method:

Enable the User Account Control for the Administrator account:

Open Local Security Policy, go to Local Policies –> Security Options –> User Accoumt Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Build-in Administrator Account, and click Enabled.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

11 марта 2014 г. 9:34
    Модератор

Все ответы

•   That sounds pretty straight forward to me. You can't connect to the store using the built-in administrator account.

Do you really need to have the option to map shares while you are connected to the store?

Bill

11 марта 2014 г. 0:56
  • Hi,

This is a design by default, However, you can change it by following method:

Enable the User Account Control for the Administrator account:

Open Local Security Policy, go to Local Policies –> Security Options –> User Accoumt Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Build-in Administrator Account, and click Enabled.

Roger Lu

11 марта 2014 г. 9:34
    Модератор
  • The response above does not seem to answer the question that was asked.  

I have the same problem described above - I am in Windows 8.1, logged in as the Domain Admin, and cannot open the Store app.   Windows indicates "Store can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again."

The issue here is that I am not using the Built-in Administrator account. 

Enabling/Disabling the "Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator Account" security option within Local Policies should affect the Built-in Administrator account - not the Domain Admin account - correct? 

Dave

• Изменено dv_schmidt 13 июня 2014 г. 18:58
    13 июня 2014 г. 18:17
  • Enabling/Disabling the "Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator Account" security option within Local Policies should affect the Built-in Administrator account - not the Domain Admin account - correct? 

Yeah, this policy just applys to Built-in Administrator account. For your problem, what's the type of your current account?

Roger Lu

16 июня 2014 г. 3:12
    Модератор
  • Please see original post - I am logged in as the Domain Admin, not the Built-in Administrator account.  
    26 июня 2014 г. 0:18
  • I have same issue...

Logged in as Domain Admin NOT built it administrator!

Can use internet, Microsoft edge, store, etc...

CRAZY

31 июля 2015 г. 14:23
  • I have same issue...

Logged in as Domain Admin NOT built it administrator!

Can use internet, Microsoft edge, store, etc...

CRAZY

Same Issue for Windows 10 Pro. Any Help?
    4 августа 2015 г. 14:26
  • In my case, with Windows 10 Enterprise, enabling Admin Approval Mode as described above DID allow me to launch Edge with the Domain Admin's account.  Hope that helps!
    5 октября 2015 г. 15:52
  • i'd need to enable it on my AD domain, is there a policy in the GPMC?

WS 2012 R2

thanks

massimo

26 января 2016 г. 13:28
  • I am having the same problem...

"[Program Name Here (ie. Store, Alarms & Clocks)] can't be opened using the Build-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again.   [CLOSE BUTTON]"

but it is with Windows 10 Pro.  How can I fix this issue?

I tried to fix it the way you specified for Windows 8.1 but it didn't work.

• Изменено castface 8 февраля 2016 г. 10:53 Needed to add something.
    8 февраля 2016 г. 10:51
  • AD domain or standalone pc?
    8 февраля 2016 г. 12:22
  • normally it should work, but you need to restart the computer...
    18 сентября 2019 г. 12:18