none
exchange dag automatic failover RRS feed

• Вопрос

• DEARS,

i have 2 2016 exchange servers configured in DAG mode, i'm facing the following:

all my databases are mounted on exchange A, and exchange B hold the passive copies, when i rebooted my exchange A server, databases failed over to exchange B. Now exchange B is holding the active copies, i realized when Exchange A is up again, after approximately 1 hour, databases are active again on Exchange A without my intervention.

Even when i manually activate it the databases from A to B, after a while they automatically get activated again on A without my intervention.

Is this behavior normal?

Please advise

thank you

7 ноября 2018 г. 14:42

Ответы

• Hi eg1559,

It is a normal behavior, because the active site has more vote than the passive site, so databases will be mounted on it.

If you don't want active copy switch back to active site when this site restarts, you should configure DAC for your DAG.

Set-DatabaseAvailabilityGroup -Identity DAG2 -DatacenterActivationMode DagOnly

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Помечено в качестве ответа eg1559 9 ноября 2018 г. 6:22
    8 ноября 2018 г. 8:47
    Модератор

Все ответы