none
Login with Azure AD account after I already created a user RRS feed

• Вопрос

• Try this scenario

1. Install Windows 10 on a lab
    2. login for the first time with a Microsoft Account user
    3. now - create a new login account from Azure AD

no matter what I tried to do - even if I join the device to Azure AD, I can't find an option to create another login of a user from this Azure AD.

the only thing I did and worked was to perform sysprep and then login with Azure AD account

I have a feeling there should be an easier way to configure an new login with Azure AD account 

if you know how to do so, I'll be grateful  to get the exact step-by-step and not a global answer like "Of course it's possible"

thanks

Tamir Levy

30 августа 2015 г. 21:20

Все ответы

• Hi Tamir,

Based on my test, when I use one Azure AD account join the device into Azure AD. And then use another new user account to login this Windows 10. It's indeed like what you said.

This's because that you cannot login with the initial password. So you need to these:

1. Login in azure portal with that another new user Azure AD account 

2. Reset the initial password of that new user account.

After that, login Windows 10 with that another user account.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

1 сентября 2015 г. 6:56
    Модератор
  • Hi Karen

thanks for the reply, though I didn't understand your steps

my problem is Windows 10 problem. not Azure AD problem

I'll try to rephrase,

1. I have 2 different Azure AD User accounts on the same tenant
    2. I created a Windows login for one of those Azure AD accounts on my Windows 10 machine.
    3. now I want to create another user on my Windows 10 device! and I just can't
    4. Even when I delete the Azure AD account login completely, I can't find the option in Windows to create a new Azure AD login account. I already have the user in my Azure AD. I want to login with that user to my windows

as I mentioned, the only thing I did that worked is to sysprep the machine and create the Azure AD login during the OOBE phase :/

Tamir Levy

1 сентября 2015 г. 19:13
  • Hi,

Did you mean join the Windows 10 device to Azure AD as below.

And then after login with that Azure AD account, I could create another local user account as below.

And if you want to create a new Azure AD account, you need to sign in your Azure AD portal to create new Azure AD account.

You cannot create new Azure AD account from the Windows 10 device. You only could create local account on Windows 10 device.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

7 сентября 2015 г. 9:50
    Модератор
  • Hi Karen

that's exactly what I did

but when you press on Add someone else to this PC it asks you to enter email address

it doesn't ask you to choose if you want to add a work account or a Microsoft account. it assumes it's a Microsoft account without the ability to choose!

when I enter my work account and then logoff and try to login - it asks me for my MS account password.

and yes, I enrolled my device to my organization first

Tamir Levy

7 сентября 2015 г. 11:37
  • Hi,

In the following window, please click "The person i want to add doesn't have an email address" link to add non-Microsoft account:

And then click "Add a user without a Microsoft account" link.

Follow the wizard finishing all steps.

11 сентября 2015 г. 9:21
    Модератор
  • Hi

Again,

I want to login with my Azure AD account

not with Microsoft Account and not with a local account

Tamir Levy

16 сентября 2015 г. 6:07
  • Hi,

If you sign out of the current user, and your device is Azure Domain Joined, you should see a button in Logon UI with the following label: "Other User".

Using this button, should show you UI that would help getting any, allowed, Azure User on your Domain to sign in.

Hope this helps.

• Предложено в качестве ответа Andreas Fuchsberger 19 мая 2017 г. 10:50
    17 сентября 2015 г. 0:03
  • Hi Molus, 

Well! at last I think someone understood me, and you were right. I do see in the UI that it's waiting for a Work or school account credentials. I thought it's more complex than it is.

So I finally understood the WHERE but not the HOW.

I tried 3 different users from my organization and I couldn't login with anyone.

I tried both with existing users and new users, assigned licenses, reset passwords, even assigned global admin rights just for testing...  none of them is able to login and it's definitely not an internet connection issue because I see I'm connected in the logon screen. when I sign in with my existing account I'm able to access any MS Cloud service with all of those users.  just can't login :/

any ideas?

Tamir Levy

18 сентября 2015 г. 17:13
  • Hi - has there been any progress on this?

I am running into the same issue.

One user account runs through the 'out of the box' experience and joins the device to Azure AD.

This works fine for this this user then, no issues.

As soon as another user tries to login to the same device (another Azure AD user) I get the same as Tamir in the above post.

Click on 'Other User' at the login screen, try to enter Azure credentials and I get "the user name or password is incorrect. Try again"

Both users can login to the portal with no issue.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ross

Ross

17 октября 2018 г. 7:40
  • Hi Tamir, could you tell me if you ever found a resolution to this? I have had this issue twice now and would love to know how to resolve it.

Many thanks

Alistair 

11 января 2019 г. 14:06
  • Hi Ross

Could you tell me if you ever found a resolution to this? I have had this issue twice now and would love to know how to resolve it.

Many thanks

Alistair 

11 января 2019 г. 14:07
  • I am shall be the latest to join the many with this issue. 

Thomas Faherty

10 декабря 2019 г. 23:39
  • So I have no clue what the difference is but I left work with the laptop I had been trying to create the account on and when I got home I tried again. I was instantly able to add the account. I am not sure what it was at work that was causing it but I will probably have to find out so I can update this to help anyone else. 

Thomas Faherty

11 декабря 2019 г. 4:39
  • So while it wasn't obvious and nothing points to it the issue turned out to be that we were being blocked by the firewall. I noticed a lot of sites said their cert was no good or not trusted or they couldn't connect so it makes sense. So anyone having this issue browse to some sites like portal.office.com and if you're getting blocked or cert errors that is also what will be causing your issue so it is time to check the firewall. 

Thomas Faherty

• Предложено в качестве ответа Kiodos 11 декабря 2019 г. 17:06
    11 декабря 2019 г. 17:06