none
Fingerprint not working - sorry, something went wrong RRS feed

• Вопрос

• Hello,

I have an LG Gram with a fresh install of Windows 1903.

I tried to set up the fingerprint reader and I keep getting the same error the moment I touch the fingerprint reader in set up. 

I've uninstalled the fingerprint reader in device manager including the drivers and reinstalling.
    I also tried setting up a pin first, that did not help. 
    I have turned off power saving on the fingerprint reader but that did not help.
    I've tried editing the GPO biometic settings to enabled and also back to not configured.
    My finger is clean and dry - works fine for sign in on my phone and samsung laptop.

24 августа 2019 г. 13:20

Ответы

• Thanks - I tried those suggestions unfortunately they didn't solve it but I appreciate the answer.  I spent too much time trying to fix it so I finally just set up a clean install of WIndows and it worked.
    • Помечено в качестве ответа boe_d 27 августа 2019 г. 21:42
    27 августа 2019 г. 21:42

Все ответы

• Make sure that your system is fully updated.

Open Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot and click on Hardware and Devices

Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    Right-click the driver under Biometric devices - Properties
    Check tab Power Management, untick Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
    Comeback to set-up fingerprint, you're done

If updating the drivers didn't work, you may reinstall them, especially your fingerprint scanner driver:

Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    Right-click the driver under Biometric devices, then select Uninstall.
    Restart your laptop and download Fingerprint driver from the support site of the manufacturer.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

25 августа 2019 г. 0:37
  • Hi,

We could also try to use Hardware and Devices: 

Settings-> Update& Security-> Troubleshoot-> Hareware and Devices, Run the troubleshooter.

Here is a document about Troubleshoot problems with the fingerprint reader on Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint ID, for your reference: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4036292/surface-troubleshoot-problems-with-the-fingerprint-reader-on-microsoft

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

26 августа 2019 г. 7:10
    Модератор
  • Thanks - I tried those suggestions unfortunately they didn't solve it but I appreciate the answer.  I spent too much time trying to fix it so I finally just set up a clean install of WIndows and it worked.
    • Помечено в качестве ответа boe_d 27 августа 2019 г. 21:42
    27 августа 2019 г. 21:42