none
A2DP Bluetooth Support RRS feed

• Вопрос

• First, Windows 7 has been a real treat!  Unfortunetly, from what I have gathered there is no Windows 7 A2DP support?  Seriously?  Really?  Unsuccessfully trying to get bluetooth headphones to function for more than 2 hours is really quite distasteful after mouse and keyboard connected without any problems.  I for one would really appreciate it if this could be incorporated as an update.  I have read many posts that provide solutions revolving pulling down manufacturer drivers or 3rd party bluetooth stacks.  Initial support for A2DP should be included by default.  I hate to say it, but it connected up in a heartbeat on one of your competitor's operating systems and spent the rest of the weekend enjoying movies, music and news wirelessly.  Now, if I can do the same in Windows 7, I might just reach nirvana yet! 

Cheers, Dan

4 августа 2009 г. 21:47

Ответы

• Hi Dan

Any definitive documentation or other information about the BlueTooth A2DP Profile component being removed from the RC beta is really lacking. We do know that the A2DP profile component was present in the Beta build.

We also know that the Driver Store for Windows Update was completely rebuilt between the Beta and the RC builds. This was done to remove a lot of drivers/firmware and other hardware/software components that were detected and reported as being problematic in the beta build. It's possible that the BlueTooth A2DP profile component was removed for this reason.

There is also some mention in various articles that Microsoft has requested that the BlueTooth hardware manufacturers include the A2DP profile component directly in their Windows 7 compatible drivers.

So we know that it was there and now it isn't, but we have no information about the 'why' this was done? It's possible that it may be replaced sometime in the future, but this is just speculation.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

5 августа 2009 г. 11:32
    Модератор

Все ответы

• Hi Dan

Any definitive documentation or other information about the BlueTooth A2DP Profile component being removed from the RC beta is really lacking. We do know that the A2DP profile component was present in the Beta build.

We also know that the Driver Store for Windows Update was completely rebuilt between the Beta and the RC builds. This was done to remove a lot of drivers/firmware and other hardware/software components that were detected and reported as being problematic in the beta build. It's possible that the BlueTooth A2DP profile component was removed for this reason.

There is also some mention in various articles that Microsoft has requested that the BlueTooth hardware manufacturers include the A2DP profile component directly in their Windows 7 compatible drivers.

So we know that it was there and now it isn't, but we have no information about the 'why' this was done? It's possible that it may be replaced sometime in the future, but this is just speculation.

Hope this helps.

Thank You for testing Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP

5 августа 2009 г. 11:32
    Модератор
  • Hi Ronnie,

Any update on it?

Now I am using Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, the detailed Version is 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601. Unfortunately, after A2DP supported Bluetooth headset paired with my notebook, there is no Bluetooth Audio device detected.

BTW, I read a ppt "Building a Bluetooth Audio Device In Windows 7‎". It seems like this feature is suppored. The link is http://download.microsoft.com/download/5/E/6/5E66B27B-988B-4F50-AF3A-C2FF1E62180F/CON-T564_WH08.pptx.

Thanks, Dan

:) Another Dan.

10 сентября 2013 г. 7:36