none
windows 10 1809 on 2018 hp's: bsod's randomly just sitting there RRS feed

• Вопрос

• I have 2018 hp's (HP ProOne 600 G4 AiO) just randomly bluescreening just sitting there, not logged in.  Is that from a driver auto update?  Stop code: "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR".

• Изменено JS2010 17 сентября 2019 г. 15:31
    17 сентября 2019 г. 15:23

Все ответы

• Hi JS2010.

The 0x00000124 (WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR) bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred.
    Upload the .DMP file created by Windows at the bug check's time to your OneDrive, make it publicly available and post the URL here, so we can try to analyze it and suggest you a solution.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

18 сентября 2019 г. 10:18
  • There's actually no dump file.  Sometimes I see it hanging during login before it happens.

18 сентября 2019 г. 14:11
  • There's actually no dump file.  Sometimes I see it hanging during login before it happens.

Try looking into the "System" log of the Windows Event Viewer: maybe there could be some records that could provide you with more detailed information about the reason of the problem.
    This bug check is typically related to physical hardware failures. It can be heat related, defective hardware, memory or even a processor that is beginning to fail or has failed. If over-clocking has been enabled, try disabling it. Confirm that any cooling systems such as fans are functional. Run system diagnostics to confirm that the system memory is not defective. It is less likely, but possible that a driver is causing the hardware to fail with this bug check.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

18 сентября 2019 г. 15:41
  • The bugcheck was WHEA 0x124.

These are usually due to malfunctioning hardware.

Sometimes these can be caused by firmware and software.

Start testing with HP diagnostics.

There are UEFI and Windows.

The UEFI will run the diagnostics from a flash drive or BIOS and has the additional capability to test RAM.

All hardware needs to be tested by multiple software.

Sometimes the tests cannot find malfunctioning hardware and it is necessary to swap components to improve the testing.

The additional testing software will be posted after displaying the results of the HP results.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-proone-600-g4-21.5-inch-non-touch-all-in-one-business-pc/21341226/swItemId/ob-234068-1

For all tests and steps please post share links into the thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive.

To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command.

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use 7zip to organize the files and one drive, drop box, or google drive to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-OneDrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files:  msinfo32, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There are two files for you to find manually:

a) C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter the above to find results.

b) dxdiag:  

In the left lower corner search type:  dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
    4) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    5) sfc /scannow
    6) chkdsk /scan
    7) wmic recoveros set autoreboot = false
    8) wmic recoveros set DebugInfoType = 7
    9) bcdedit /enum {badmemory}

10) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

11) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.

12) In the left lower corner search type: system or system control > open system control panel > on the left pane click advanced system settings 

a) > on the advanced tab under startup and recovery > click settings > post an image of the startup and recovery window into the thread

b) > on the advanced tab under performance > click on settings > on the performance options window > click on the advanced tab > under virtual memory > click on change > post an image of the virtual memory window into the thread

13) If the computer has Ccleaner (do not install the software if it is not already installed) > click windows tab > scroll down to system and advanced > post an image into the thread

Please remember to vote and to mark the replies as answers if they help.

19 сентября 2019 г. 6:37
  • Hi,

The stop code means that your PC has shut down suddenly to protect itself from data loss. If you see the text “WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR,” it means that a hardware error has occurred. 

Please make sure your Windows 10 is up to date.

I suggest you to run sfc /scannow command to try fixing corrupted system files and use Memory Diagnostic to check Memory ( RAM ) Errors. You could refer to the following link to run the tool

Windows 10 Technical Preview: Running Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/29343.windows-10-technical-preview-running-windows-memory-diagnostics-tool.aspx

Meanwhile, you could scan and check hard disk errors by running these steps:

Press shortcut key Win + X , and click on Command Prompt (Admin). In the command prompt window, type chkdsk c: /f /r command and press Enter key.

Hope it could be helpful.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

19 сентября 2019 г. 9:27
    Модератор
  • I have many computers of the same model with the same occasional strange problem.  I think it's a bug in windows 10 1809 and possibly a driver for this model.

19 сентября 2019 г. 13:45
  • I have many computers of the same model with the same occasional strange problem.  I think it's a bug in windows 10 1809 and possibly a driver for this model.

That kind of bug check is mainly related to hardware failures.
    Did you make any change after which the error occurred?

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

19 сентября 2019 г. 15:22
  • No.  I just upgraded to windows 10 1809.  This seems to be the "BSOD" version.  We've had a printing issue as well:  https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2187199-printing-certain-documents-in-word-2019-causing-brand-new-pcs-to-bsod?page=1#entry-8565697
    19 сентября 2019 г. 15:26
  • No.  I just upgraded to windows 10 1809.  This seems to be the "BSOD" version.  We've had a printing issue as well:  https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2187199-printing-certain-documents-in-word-2019-causing-brand-new-pcs-to-bsod?page=1#entry-8565697

That is a different problem: the bug check mentioned in that link is related to a memory access violation; even if a Windows module is mentioned as being failed, the root cause could be somewhere else.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

19 сентября 2019 г. 15:32
  • When available please post separate share links for:

a) results of the administrative command prompt command with dxdiag

b) memory ump if file size is < 1.5 GB

c) HP hardware diagnostics

d) commands with results for steps #1 to #13

19 сентября 2019 г. 15:39
  • This is happening randomly on almost 200 different computers, maybe 1 or 2 per day.  It doesn't seem to be running out of memory or cpu.  It's very bizarre.  Even though I can ping it, I can't do any remote powershell or wmi.  I've even been on a logged in computer while it was happening.  I couldn't launch any new applications.  Maybe it's running out of handles or some other kind of memory.
    1 октября 2019 г. 17:49
  • This is happening randomly on almost 200 different computers, maybe 1 or 2 per day.  It doesn't seem to be running out of memory or cpu.  It's very bizarre.  Even though I can ping it, I can't do any remote powershell or wmi.  I've even been on a logged in computer while it was happening.  I couldn't launch any new applications.  Maybe it's running out of handles or some other kind of memory.

The memory dump file or any record specific to those events that you could locate in the "System" log of the Windows Event Viewer could be helpful to try to figure out the root cause of the issue.
    It is not easy to troubleshoot without further and more detailed information.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

1 октября 2019 г. 19:12
  • So far there's been no crash dumps, and no related error logs within the hour of the crash.  I'm going to leave one in my office running logged in with process explorer running.
    • Изменено JS2010 1 октября 2019 г. 19:15
    1 октября 2019 г. 19:14
  • I've tried windows update and scripted hp bios update (a challenge in itself).  But it still occasionally happens.  Windows catastrophically fails, new applications can't be launched and there's nothing in the logs.  It's quite bizarre.  Maybe I should just update to 1903 and cross my fingers.

• Изменено JS2010 7 октября 2019 г. 16:15
    7 октября 2019 г. 16:14
  • I've tried windows update and scripted hp bios update (a challenge in itself).  But it still occasionally happens.  Windows catastrophically fails, new applications can't be launched and there's nothing in the logs.  It's quite bizarre.  Maybe I should just update to 1903 and cross my fingers.

I too would recommend to update to the latest Windows 10 build.
    What does "scripted hp bios update" mean? BIOS upgrade is a manual operation that requires maximum care and attention.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

7 октября 2019 г. 18:53

What does "scripted hp bios update" mean? BIOS upgrade is a manual operation that requires maximum care and attention.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

I'd prefer not to update the bios on over 100 hp's manually.  It can be automated, but it makes a new fat32 partition.  This is a side issue.

• Изменено JS2010 7 октября 2019 г. 18:55
    7 октября 2019 г. 18:55
  • You could upgrade to Windows 10 1903 then check the issue.

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

8 октября 2019 г. 9:00
    Модератор

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

I'd prefer not to update the bios on over 100 hp's manually.  It can be automated, but it makes a new fat32 partition.  This is a side issue.

I agree: it's always better to manually update the BIOS (I've always done it this way on my PCs).

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

1 ноября 2019 г. 20:38