The Logs is not deleting after a sucessfull backup RRS feed

• Вопрос

• Hi all,

I am using a EMC Networker backup solution to backup exchange server 2016.

My environment consists of 4 VMs with DAG.

In the event viewer I get Event ID 2046, MSExchangeRepl. but the logs isn't deleting after successful backup.

Event 2046:

Description:
    The Microsoft Exchange Replication service VSS Writer instance 432a559a-3c5a-4aee-b42a-8b251ff9878d has successfully completed the backup of database 'DataBase01'.

Database log truncation has been requested for this database. Log truncation will occur on the active copy after the next log generation is created. Log truncation will occur automatically on the passive copies after that log file is copied.

Any help, Please?

21 мая 2020 г. 1:42

Все ответы

• Hi HEMIDA Mohamed,

Are you having issues truncating the logs before configuring the DAG?

Did you try to enable Circular logging? 

What state is shown in VSS Writer? Have you tried Windows Backup?

Run this command and check the last backup time:

Get-MailboxDatabase -status | select Name, *backup

A couple of things to look at that might help you:

Transaction Logs that have not been shipped and Process by the replication partner will not truncate.

Missing or corrupted log files can prevent log truncation as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

22 мая 2020 г. 5:35
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

27 мая 2020 г. 8:27