none
"WindowsUpdate_8024200D" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" fails RRS feed

ตอบทั้งหมด

4.  Disable all startup items & third party services when booting to avoid conflict when installing Vista updates:

1.Click on "Start", type MSCONFIG in the search box & press "Enter".

2.Click "Continue" if the "User Account Control" window pops up.

3.Click on "Services", check the "hide All Microsoft Services" box. If "Disable All" is NOT gray, click on it.  If it is gray, click on "Startup", click on "Disable All", click on "OK", and restart your computer.

5.  Double click the downloaded KB947562 standalone installer in your desktop and follow the instructions to install Vista updates.

6.  Download Windows Vista SP1 from the link below according to your System Type and save it to your desktop.

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 32-bit (Size: 434.5MB)

http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/a/9/3a9b72c2-527d-4694-8a49-84c056d4c34d/Windows6.0-KB936330-X86-wave0.exe

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista 64-bit (Size: 726.5MB)

http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/3/b/83b8c814-b000-44a4-b667-8c1f58727b8b/Windows6.0-KB936330-X64-wave0.exe

7.  Double click the downloaded Windows Vista SP1 standalone installer in your desktop and follow the instructions to install Windows Vista SP1.

8.  To restore your computer to use a Normal Startup, click on "Start", type MSCONFIG in the search box & press "Enter".  Click on "Continue" if the "User Account Control" window pops up.  Click "Normal Startup" on the "General" tab, click "OK", then restart your computer.

Steps 2 & 7 take a little time so don't get discouraged.  I hope this works for everyone...I would tell you how I got to Microsoft to submit an incident report but that I don't remember.  I think I went to https://support.microsoft.com.  I did get a response within 24 hrs. - on the weekend yet - and like I said, I finally got SP1 installed. 

8 กันยายน 2551 1:53
  • Delete all extra languish in Vista(only English left), install SP1 without problem.

8 กันยายน 2551 6:41
  • I, too, am plagued by the 8024200D error code.  When I look at my machine's profile it says that SP1 is already installed, presumably as purchased (very new machine) as it does not appear on my update history. 

Would following Sharon M's advice for the KB947821 portions only be appropriate?

With thanks.

8 กันยายน 2551 18:51
  • The Windows Vista SP1 that I was having trouble installing had a KB # of 936330.  If you already have this installed on your computer, then the steps that I went through might not be what you need.  I'm not a technician, the info I provided came from a technician at Microsoft Support.  I suppose you could try it, if you feel comfortable doing so, but I don't know if that's a general solution to the 8024200D error code or not.

8 กันยายน 2551 23:50
  • Sharon M; thank you for your comments.  As I am not sufficiently knowlegeable to understand the consequences of following your instructions for installing KB947562 without SP1, I have decided not to go down that route.  I can find no way to relate the SP1 KB936330 to my factory insatalled Vista/SP1.  Your notes did prompt me to further investigations, and I came across a Microsoft Vista helpsite through which I posted an incident report on my specific difficulty.  I will post Microsft's responce here for you and others.

Thanks again for your help.

9 กันยายน 2551 17:52
  • I re-installed Vista and I still get this error when trying to install service pack 1.  I think Vista needs some serious help!  It came with this computer or I would not have it running.  I am going to wait until someone comes up with a solution and see what happens.  Also if it ever installs, like it did for me with the first Vista version, be prepared for other problems that tech support cannot solve.  I wish they would fix all the bugs before putting the stuff out there for people to use.

22 กันยายน 2551 4:13
  • I am having the same problem and I have not been able to fix it. Can ayone help with this "WindowsUpdate_8024200D" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" Error?

25 ตุลาคม 2551 9:36
  • I tried this step by step and still cannot install SP1.  Like I said, I'm going to wait until they come out with a solution to this problem and the problems you have once you do get SP1 to install.

26 ตุลาคม 2551 20:37
  • Hi, when i'm at step 5 where i shall run the update i downloaded.. It says "The update is not valid for your system".. What else can i do to download the SP1?

6 ธันวาคม 2551 21:46
  •  I have the same issue too,but it happens when it is trying to install service pack 2!!!  what can i do now???

3 กรกฎาคม 2552 8:22
  • Thanks to Sharon M 5 weeks of failure now installed was giving up hope :-)
    26 กันยายน 2552 15:31
  • what about those of us who have a problem with SP2? i've had this problem for over 2 months and i can't find a solution, please help!
    13 พฤศจิกายน 2552 17:32
  • Please follow the steps Given below

1. Unnistall the Anti virus software
    2.Perform a clean boot, goto START>MSCONFIG> Enter>Select StartupTAB
    >Disable all>then select Services TAB > Hide All Microsoft Services>Apply or
    OK>
    3. Goto Start>services> enter> Stop the windows udpate services
    4.Goto Start>Computer>Local Disk C:\>Windows>Software distribution folder>
    Try to rename it as SD.OLD
    5.Restart the system and Try to install SP1
    6.After completing the SP1 installation Please Goto START> MSCONFIG> General
    TAB>Select Normal Startup > Select Apply or OK
    7.Restart the system in normal mode You SP1 installation is done.
    7 มิถุนายน 2553 19:14
  • Just in case, have you try to disable the update service from services.msc and restart it? I guess you may have to delete some folders/files so they can be re-generated right after restart the service. Please let me know if you need me to explain this solution in details, so I can provide accordingly.

mvh.

9 มิถุนายน 2553 14:18
  • "WindowsUpdate_8024200D"

I had seems and I am trying to fix this trouble; Vista Ultimate SP2 I had upgraded from XP Pro. And I believed this product is compatible with my all applications which I am used. Could anybody help me in this error massage which is frequently coming when I update Vista.

Thanks

26 กรกฎาคม 2553 2:38
  • hey, i get the same problem, using windows update to install sp1 for Vista Home Basic, (i got my laptop when Vista first was released) it says error 8024200D, i've been trying to install sp1 for a while now, HELP PLEASE!
    SirHobbes3
    1 กุมภาพันธ์ 2554 4:18
  • I just bought a new laptop running Windows7 premium and have the same error code 
    8 สิงหาคม 2554 13:08
  • This can fix everything , I had same error , so try it and you will have SP1 :)
    http://archive.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=114597&cat_id=654
    4 กรกฎาคม 2555 10:17
  • HELP PLEASE

i was installing an update and it keeps saying "WindowsUpdate_8024200D" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" and it fails everytime, how can i correct this problem?

please email me back

18 พฤษภาคม 2557 6:03
  • HELP PLEASE

i was installing an update and it keeps saying "WindowsUpdate_8024200D" "WindowsUpdate_dt000" and it fails everytime, how can i correct this problem?

please email me back

18 พฤษภาคม 2557 6:04
  • HELP PLEASE

please email me back

18 พฤษภาคม 2557 6:04
  • HELP PLEASE

please email me back

25 มกราคม 2558 5:44
  • HELP PLEASE

i was installing an update and it keeps saying "WindowsUpdate_8024200D" I have the same problem... No have idea...

please email me back

17 มิถุนายน 2558 20:27
  • HELP PLEASE

please email me back

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย unte KRT 11 พฤษภาคม 2560 7:50
    11 พฤษภาคม 2560 7:49