none
Tabular 2019 compatibility level 1500: unable to process table or deploy? RRS feed

• คำถาม

• I have found that using SQL Server SSAS 2019 models work fine up to compatibility level 1400.

However, after changing it to level 1500 I am no longer able to process tables locally or deploy.  

Once set to level 1500 and attempting to deploy or process I get the error:

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'An unexpected exception occurred.

'.

5 พฤศจิกายน 2562 20:42

คำตอบ

• Actually yes! I just got a note from them this AM.

They said to disable calculation groups in SSAS 2019 and that should resolve the issue until they can issue a patch:

---------

INSTRUCTION TO DISABLE CALCULATION GROUP IN SSAS 2019 TABULAR INSTANCE:

=======================================================================

1. On the SSAS 2019 tabular instance machine, please locate the msmdsrv.ini.

2. If you are unable to locate the msmdsrv.ini, please use below method to find the msmdsrv.ini.

a.  In the run command, go to the “Services.msc”

b. find the SQL Server Analysis Service for default instance,  or SQL Server Analysis Services (Yourinstancename). For example, please is a screenshot of SQL Server Analysis Services (Tab19) because the instance name is called Tab19.

c.  Right-click on it and select “properties”

d. Select “General” tab, and review the “Path to executable”. Note down the config folder location where msmdsrv.ini is located.

3. Edit the msmdsrv.ini.

a. Make a copy of the old msmdsrv.ini in case you need it in the future.

b. Use notepad to edit the msmdsrv.ini and add the CalculationGroupsEnable property. Below is an example (in yellow):

<Feature>

<CalculationGroupsEnabled>0</CalculationGroupsEnabled>

<ManagedCodeEnabled>1</ManagedCodeEnabled>

……………………………….

c. Restart the SSAS instance

If you ever have to revert the change, perform the following:

• Stop SSAS service
    • Rename the msmdsrv.ini to msmdsrv_test.ini
    • Rename the msmdsrv-Copy.ini back to msmdsrv.ini
    • Start up the SSAS service.

• ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย OneWithQuestions 11 ธันวาคม 2562 18:23
    4 ธันวาคม 2562 16:05

ตอบทั้งหมด