none
Error code: 0x80070001 RRS feed

• คำถาม

• "Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070001"

This error comes up durring the expanding files stage of installation. Always at 57%. I have burned the dvd twice now, both times at 4x. And both copys work fine on my desktop.

I read a post about reseating/changing the ram, wich i have with no results.

Im running a dell latitude d820 2g, intel core 2, 250g hd
    Why wont this f*n thing work
    3 กุมภาพันธ์ 2552 0:19

คำตอบ

• Ok so here it is. using bits of advice from everyone, i managed to work around this issue and install win7. heres what i did.

Extracted the iso to a folder using winrar

copied the contents of the folder to the empty(or so i though) flash drive and put it in the laptop.

turns out there was an old grub bootloader on the drive, but this didnt seem to interfere with the installation.

I booted vista on my laptop and inserted the flash drive, autorun started and i started the installation. I did a complete install, the computer restarted and now seems to be working fine.

Although this does not fix the issue, if anyone else has a problem, this worked for me.

As far as using a dvd, i have burned 2 dvds of the iso at the slowest speed(4x) both worked in my desktop, niether worked in my laptop. I use this drive for burning alot, and it has been very reliable burning iso's, the only time I ever had a problem with it was burning cd's from itunes(shame) and now i dont use itunes anymore

Why wont this f*n thing work
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Lawrence GarvinEditor 6 กุมภาพันธ์ 2552 23:19
    3 กุมภาพันธ์ 2552 1:59

ตอบทั้งหมด