none
Following startup of the computer, at the Login screen, Standard User accounts get an error message RRS feed

• คำถาม

• Hello,

I have Windows 7 Starter SP1, on a netbook PC.

I normally use an account with Administrator Privileges.

Having started the computer, at the Login screen, Standard user accounts now get an error message, something like: 

A USB device or floppy disk must be attached to enable this function.

The Standard User accounts are still shown in:

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts\Manage Accounts

Previously, some Windows Updates (particularly Security Rollups) had to be uninstalled and (thus not installed) because, on the second boot up following their installation, the an error message appeared on loading the Desktop stating:

"Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service [sic]. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system ..."

Removing any such Updates that causing that error message cleared the error, but now without any such warning, it is now not possible on starting the computer to log on to Standard User accounts at the Login screen. 

I believe therefore there is high probability the error message at the Login screen for Standard User accounts, has been caused through a Windows Update.

How can I make it possible to once again log on to Standard User accounts, at the Login screen?

Regards,

Robert339

• แก้ไขโดย Robert339 24 มิถุนายน 2562 5:20
    24 มิถุนายน 2562 5:14

ตอบทั้งหมด