none
After Update 1607 no TPM function RRS feed

• คำถาม

• Hi all,

I'm just install the Update 1607 Windows Update in the RC on a Dell Latitude 7440.

The update went through without any problems. When I have restarted the PC, the information was immediately that would start the automatic repair.
    Recovery - the PC could not properly start 0xc0000001
    Recovery - PC / device needs to be repaired. It can be not loaded properly the BitLocker key. 0xc210000

After this I disabled the TPM chip in the BIOS. I could start Windows using the recovery key.
    I reseted the TPM chip - no improvement
    then disables BitLocker and reactivated, there is now also the message that the TPM could not be used.
    At the TPM MSC the chip is available.

Have anyone an idea?
    Stefan
    2 สิงหาคม 2559 13:53

คำตอบ

• Hello,

Another Update on this thread:

how to avoid getting into this bitlocker recovery situation

When does a user hit the bitlocker recovery issue?

1. User has upgraded from Th1 to Th2 and then now upgrading to RS1
    2. User either has Hyper-V ON or want to turn it on in RS1 after OS upgrade
    3. First reboot after Hyper-V is enabled in RS1 will hit bit locker recovery – this can be soon after OS upgrade if Hyper-V was already enabled downlevel
    4. Due to separate Bitlocker issue even after entering the Bitlocker key we fail to recover.  Still under investigation.

Workaround – here are the 4 workaround that customers can choose from to avoid getting into this situation:

1. Keep Hyper-V disabled during OS upgrade and keep it disabled till servicing update on 8/23 comes through
    2. Reset the Device guard RegKeys (delete the DG regkey node) and then enabled Hyper-V in RS1
    3. Reset the Device guard RegKeys (delete the DG regkey node) and then upgrade to RS1 while keeping Hyper-V however customers want (ON or OFF is both fine)
    4. Disable Bitlocker till 8/23

Thanks, Darrell Gorter [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย marazt 16 สิงหาคม 2559 19:26
    • แก้ไขโดย Darrell Gorter 16 สิงหาคม 2559 23:00
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย MeipoXuMicrosoft, Moderator 22 สิงหาคม 2559 2:20
    15 สิงหาคม 2559 23:20

ตอบทั้งหมด