none
32 bit ODBC driver for MS Access 2010 (*.accdb) is missing in Win7 64bit RRS feed

• คำถาม

• I have Win7 and Office 2010 both 64 bit. I also have a 32 bit application running where I need a 32 bit *.accdb  (MS Access) ODBC driver. Using the 64-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe is returning “The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application”. So I need a 32 bit ODBC *.accdb driver for my application.

My problem:

When I open c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcsys32.exe and try to ADD a new dsn there is only a *.mdb driver available for MS Access. Does anyone know how to add a 32 bit MS Access *.accdb driver to c:\windows\SysWOW64\odbcsys32.exe? Maybe I missed something obvious but this is giving me headache after browsing through the Internet for a solution. 

Thanks

30 พฤษภาคม 2554 23:52

คำตอบ

• Carl, I just figured out a solution... If you are running a 64-bit Computer and Running Access 2010, you will first need to download the AccessDatabaseEngine.exe from Microsoft.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=7554F536-8C28-4598-9B72-EF94E038C891&displaylang=en

After the download finishes, and installs, You will need to create an ODBC connection. Instead of creating an ODBC connection through your Administrative Tools, Data Sources (ODBC) interface, you will need to run the 64-bit instance of Data Sources (ODBC). To do this, you will need to click your "Windows" + "R" buttons on the keyboard, and then paste "c:\windows\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe" -- without quotes into the dialog. Then create the connection to the database as you would on a 32 bit machine.

I had the same issues with the *.accdb not showing up in my 64 bit ODBC connections. It then showed up after performing the above steps.

Hope this Helps,

Alex Mahrou

• เสนอเป็นคำตอบโดย Rockymountaingeo 10 มิถุนายน 2554 15:26
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย David WoltersModerator 3 เมษายน 2557 16:45
    10 มิถุนายน 2554 15:25

ตอบทั้งหมด