none
Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 20H1 build 18875, Generic HardBlock RRS feed

• คำถาม

• Hi all,

I'm currently stuck on build 18875, unable to upgrade to any of the recent Fast ring releases. When I attempt to upgrade, I receive the following error message:

• This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10.
      Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once the issue has been resolved.

This is normally the sort of error message one would see if there's an incompatible driver/application installed, but usually the message actually identifies the driver/application that is blocking the upgrade.

The "C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\ScanResult.xml" file lists the following 'reason' for blocking the upgrade:

<HardwareItem HardwareType="Generic">

<CompatibilityInfo BlockingType="Hard" Message="Your PC has a driver or service that isn't ready for this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once the issue has been resolved." Title="This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10."/>

</HardwareItem>

...which clearly isn't much help at all, really. The ScanResult.xml file also lists the following:

<DriverPackages>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem21.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem25.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem8.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem19.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem31.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem24.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem33.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem17.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem7.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem4.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem49.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem43.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem55.inf" BlockMigration="True" HasSignedBinaries="False"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem54.inf" BlockMigration="True" HasSignedBinaries="False"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem29.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem53.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem42.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    	<DriverPackage Inf="oem14.inf" BlockMigration="False" HasSignedBinaries="True"/>
    </DriverPackages>

...but the only two drivers marked with 'BlockMigration="True"' are the Microsoft Print to PDF driver and the Microsoft XPS Document Writer driver which are probably blocked by-design (so that they can be replaced with newer versions in the new OS).

To complicate things further, I haven't added any new hardware since installing build 18875 nor have I installed anything new except for Visual Studio 2019.

I've already logged feedback for this issue and attached diagnostics. The link is https://aka.ms/AA526bq. There are only 3 upvotes, so it looks like this is a fairly rare issue but I'd like this to get some visibility.

• แก้ไขโดย dan_m90 10 พฤษภาคม 2562 15:20 added hyperlink
    10 พฤษภาคม 2562 15:16

ตอบทั้งหมด