none
updates for .NET Framework 4.8 for Win 7 for x64 RRS feed

• คำถาม

• My Win7 system was showing "internet access" (ie, good) and pings worked, both internal and external, BUT none of my browsers could do anything on the web.  I went thru many, many tech notes about network configurations, etc. .. all to no avail.

I finally went looking for recent changes to my system, and found the following under Windows Updates.

Uninstalling these .Net Framework updates kicked in the browsers.

Do I need to do anything else?

\/\/\/\/

for updates for .NET Framework 4.8 for Win 7 for x64,

I had the following shown as installed.

That last one (4503548) is still showing as pending in Updates,

but it was also shown as having been installed 6 times (Control Panel).

11 พฤศจิกายน 2562 17:10

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Hi KyleHx.

If the update is reported as being successfully installed, you can right-click it in the Windows Update and select the option to hide it.
    You could execute the System Update Readiness Tool to fix any inconsistency in the Windows Update catalog that could lead to such kind of issues.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

• แก้ไขโดย Luigi BrunoMVP 11 พฤศจิกายน 2562 20:14
    11 พฤศจิกายน 2562 20:13
  • Thanks for the reply, but the key issue got muddled in my presentation.

The key thing is that I had all sorts of web-connectivity problems, for weeks, and went thru no end of tech notes on why I should see "internet access" as ok on my Network and Sharing Center, but have no access to the web via any of 4 browsers.  And external pings worked too -- just the browsers thought there was no internet.

So, what I'd done was delete all updates for .NET Framework 4.8 for Win 7 for x64,

and that DID put things right, as far browsers/web was concerned.

BUT, I now have all of that .NET stuff removed, and am wondering how to get up to date with Updates, without losing browser-web access

12 พฤศจิกายน 2562 11:28