none
Updating W10 1607 with WSUS RRS feed

• คำถาม

• I manage a network with mostly Server 2012 R2 Servers, and W10 version 1511 clients. WSUS is running on a physical Server 2012 R2 box, and a GPO is up to tha the clients receive their updates from this.

I have not approved the 1607 update of W10 through WSUS, as Microsoft have helpfully decided that this has a new roaming profile version, so pushing it out to all clients that was would break all the roaming profiles. I have therefore manually updated a few machines to start with, then I can set up new profiles with a few users at a time.

Unfortunately, once the update is installed the clients refuse to take any further updates from the WSUS server – they just give error 0x80244022. It seems this is a known issue and it's noted on various blogs that certain patches might solve it, but they cannot be applied through WSUS while it’s not working! I’ve therefore removed the GPO from these clients, installed all available updates direct from the Microsoft servers by running a check for updates on each client (they did this without problems), then applied the policy again – and no difference; they give the error again when I run a check for updates as soon as the policy is applied again.

Is there a way around this? I could of course just give up on WSUS and let all clients update from the web, but I don’t want to do that as it’ll lead to the internet connection getting thrashed once a month, and will mean that when Microsoft decides to do something else which will cause difficulties for sysadmins – like new roaming profile versions – I wouldn’t be able to block it.

Thanks

David

6 มกราคม 2560 22:25

ตอบทั้งหมด

• Hi David,

If you receive Windows Update error 80244022 while checking for updates, it might be caused by a connection interruption between your computer and the Windows Update server or a proxy setting.

Check the PC date and time - right click the clock in the tray and select adjust date and time.

Verify and correct the month, day, year, and time.

If trying the update again doesn't help, the Windows Update troubleshooter can automatically find and fix some common problems with Windows Update.

Follow these steps:

1. Press WIN + X keys together.

2. Click on Control Panel.

3. Click Action Center and then click Troubleshooting.

4. Then click System and Security and click Windows update.  Then follow the onscreen instruction.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

9 มกราคม 2560 6:33
    ผู้ดูแล
  • Thanks - Yeah, tried all that and it didn't make any difference. We aren't using a proxy server, and I used a running ping test to check that the communication with the WSUS server was consistent (which it was).

After a few days, the error seemed to go away on those computers and they are OK now - will search for updates, and install any which they find. I've just updated another one to 1607 and when I ran Windows Update it found the updates on the WSUS server but just seemed to freeze at 0% downloaded. I left it for a few hours, then moved it into an OU without the WSUS policy and ran gpupdate /force, then rebooted and checked for updates and it pulled them fine off the web. Just finishing installing now.

I've got another 40-ish computers to do, so I'll see what happens - might do some more during this week.

David

16 มกราคม 2560 19:09
  • Thanks - Yeah, tried all that and it didn't make any difference. We aren't using a proxy server, and I used a running ping test to check that the communication with the WSUS server was consistent (which it was).

After a few days, the error seemed to go away on those computers and they are OK now - will search for updates, and install any which they find. I've just updated another one to 1607 and when I ran Windows Update it found the updates on the WSUS server but just seemed to freeze at 0% downloaded. I left it for a few hours, then moved it into an OU without the WSUS policy and ran gpupdate /force, then rebooted and checked for updates and it pulled them fine off the web. Just finishing installing now.

I've got another 40-ish computers to do, so I'll see what happens - might do some more during this week.

David

Any update?

Look forward to receiving your reply.

if your issue resolved, please mark the helpful reply as answer in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

19 มกราคม 2560 6:59
    ผู้ดูแล
  • Hi David,

Did you get the issue resolved? If not, try to fix WSUSpool on the IIS server by setting the limit for private memory, read here: Windows Updates failed 0x80244022

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...

• แก้ไขโดย Exotic Hadron 19 มกราคม 2560 7:11
    19 มกราคม 2560 7:10