none
Troubles with graphics after last windows update RRS feed

• คำถาม

• windows 10 Pro. I7-8565U (with UHD graphics 620), Geforce MX130. New HP probook laptop  (less than 2 months). All new drivers was installed.

14/10/2019  was installed update KB4517389.

After that i found a first problem: google chrome have started show black pages. No text, no graphics - only black page. I found a solution - start Chrome on disable-gpu mode.

Today i found a new problem - after I had opened a microsoft word document I saw that all pictures are damaged. I check some documents and on all of them was the same. If only one picture per document - it visible only on half; another part is white. If where some pictures - they blended harder...

Screenshot of this problem on the picture (sorry, account isn't veryfied. I can't add img)

It seems like video memory troubles. But I didn't have any problems before windows update. And now I can't realize - where should I ask for help: at HP, at Microsoft, at Intel, at Nvidia? First of all -MS. I hope you have a solution.

15 ตุลาคม 2562 11:17

ตอบทั้งหมด

• additionally:

On updatelog i found that yesterday also was updated intel graphics driver. Maybe this is a main reason.

Upd

I checked - trouble was in Intel display Driver 26.20.100.7157/

After I Install a older version all problems have gone.

Thanks to me. And as an old times I will check all updates and make desision - is it necessary for me...

• แก้ไขโดย Dmytro B 15 ตุลาคม 2562 11:35
    • ทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Dmytro B 15 ตุลาคม 2562 11:35
    • ยกเลิกการทำเครื่องหมายเป็นคำตอบโดย Dmytro B 20 ตุลาคม 2562 16:19
    15 ตุลาคม 2562 11:24
  • Hi,

Thanks for what you have done for this case.

Other users in this community will benefited from your sharing.

If you need any other assistance, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

15 ตุลาคม 2562 18:16
  • Use the "Roll Back Driver" option to resolve the issue.

Go to >Computer Management >Device Manager > Display Adapters >Right click on your Display Adapter >Properties >Driver >Roll Back Driver.

16 ตุลาคม 2562 10:29
  • If you need any other assistance, please feel free to let me know.

Hello, Eric.

And again((

Today windows Update made desision to renew what driver again. And that can I do now? Rollback this update every day??? 

On Windows 7 we had possibility to remove ineligible update from future updates. But I can't find this option at windows 10.

17 ตุลาคม 2562 7:17
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

As I know, there are some discussion about KB4517389 that it bring some problems.

Microsoft say they are confirming the cause.

Therefore, I recommend that you uninstall the update first.

Steps to uninstall a specific Windows update
    Open Settings and click on “Update & security”
    Click on “Windows Update” on the left and then on “View update history”.
    On the next screen, click on “Uninstall updates”
    You will then be presented with a screen showing a list of recent updates sorted by the installation date.
    You can then select the update you want to uninstall and simply click the “Uninstall” button.

Best Regards,

Eric

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

21 ตุลาคม 2562 15:25

• Therefore, I recommend that you uninstall the update first.

Thanks for your answer, Eric.

I've done it twice. My question: can I block just this one driver/update from future updates? It was possible in Windows 7, but I can't find this function in win 10. Currently I found only "freeze" function for all updates for a short period of time.

Best wishes,

Dmytro.

23 ตุลาคม 2562 12:07
  • Hi,

I am afraid it can not just block this update.

As I know, windows 10  can pause updates. In the Home edition, you can only delay them for up to 35 days, while in more expensive editions such as Windows 10 Pro, you can delay them for up to 365 days.

However, when the postpone period ends, you can no longer pause updates again until Windows 10 installs its latest available version on that date.

Best Regards,

Eric

30 ตุลาคม 2562 16:28