none
Desktop Icons Rearrange After Deployment RRS feed

• Soru

• I hope someone can help me out here. I have a .wim file created on a VM. I used copyprofile so that I can have a customized desktop. The problem is that when I deploy that image to physical boxes the desktop icons are no longer how I had arranged them on the VM. My thought is that when the display driver loads during setup that is when it happens. Does anyone have tricks to prevent the icons from moving?
    3 Haziran 2016 Cuma 12:43

Yanıtlar

• I figured out what was going on. When I would deploy the image to my test boxes the resolution was auto configured for 1920x1080 which is not a big deal... BUT the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" display setting (Windows 10) was set to 150%. That was throwing the icons off. To fix it I set the default resolution AND the DPI to stay at 100% via the answer file. Icons are no longer moving!
    • Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen tcox8 7 Haziran 2016 Salı 13:05
    7 Haziran 2016 Salı 13:05

Tüm Yanıtlar

• Hi,

I am afraid that the scenario you are facing is normal, not an issue.

To my knowledge, icons on a desktop will be rearranged when they are deployed. Your measure is correct, but this condition is default, kindly check this case below. There is a good discussion about the same situation, maybe you can try Joyce’s method, a third software which called DesktopOK seems meet your demand.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/281407c7-5ea8-4cff-a92b-676996be2035/question-about-sysprep-rearranging-desktop-icons?forum=configmanagerosd

Regards

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

6 Haziran 2016 Pazartesi 02:01
    Moderatör
  • Thanks for the response. I have messed with DesktopOK before. Unfortunately because the Desktop is pretty much the last thing to load you have to run the script very late. So the user will turn on the computer, finishes setting up, and presented with the desktop. After about 10 seconds (eveyrthing loads) the icons will move. Not really a solution for me.
    6 Haziran 2016 Pazartesi 13:14
  • I figured out what was going on. When I would deploy the image to my test boxes the resolution was auto configured for 1920x1080 which is not a big deal... BUT the "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" display setting (Windows 10) was set to 150%. That was throwing the icons off. To fix it I set the default resolution AND the DPI to stay at 100% via the answer file. Icons are no longer moving!
    • Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen tcox8 7 Haziran 2016 Salı 13:05
    7 Haziran 2016 Salı 13:05
  • Glad to hear this issue has been solved. Thanks for sharing. We really appreciate your time and efforts. Hope your experience will help other community members facing similar problems.

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

8 Haziran 2016 Çarşamba 01:03
    Moderatör