none
Problm with LAPS GPO options not showing up RRS feed

• Soru

• I'm working on implementing the Local Administrator Password Solution at my company, I have it mostly configured but when I open up my GPO management tool the LAPS folder under Comp->Administrator Temps-> (this is where the LAPS folder should be) doesn't show up.  When I look on the computer folder I see the files where they are supposed to be.  I've tried this on a number of different systems but it doesn't show up on any of them.  Am I missing something here?
    2 Haziran 2015 Salı 18:32

Yanıtlar

• I was able to fix the issue by coping the AdmPwd.admx from %windir%\PolicyDefinitions\ to \\domain\SYSVOL\domain\Policies\PolicyDefinitions, and the AdmPwd.admx from %windir%\PolicyDefinitions\en-US to \\domain\SYSVOL\domain\Policies\PolicyDefinitions\en-US

• Yanıt Olarak Öneren ZLTFUL 5 Haziran 2015 Cuma 18:51
    • Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen Elaine JingModerator 9 Haziran 2015 Salı 08:14
    3 Haziran 2015 Çarşamba 19:27

Tüm Yanıtlar

• I am experiencing this exact same issue and would appreciate some input as well.

R.W. IT Professional of the Mediocrest Level

3 Haziran 2015 Çarşamba 16:51
  • I was able to fix the issue by coping the AdmPwd.admx from %windir%\PolicyDefinitions\ to \\domain\SYSVOL\domain\Policies\PolicyDefinitions, and the AdmPwd.admx from %windir%\PolicyDefinitions\en-US to \\domain\SYSVOL\domain\Policies\PolicyDefinitions\en-US

• Yanıt Olarak Öneren ZLTFUL 5 Haziran 2015 Cuma 18:51
    • Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen Elaine JingModerator 9 Haziran 2015 Salı 08:14
    3 Haziran 2015 Çarşamba 19:27
  • Thank you, I spent a whole day trying to work out why they weren't showing up. All the guides said they'd just be there.

Out of interest, what platforms are you running? I'm using Windows 7 pro sp1 and Windows server 2008 r2 sp. I was starting to wonder if it's an OS thing

8 Ocak 2016 Cuma 11:27

The second file that needs to be copied to the en-US directory is the AdmPwd.adml file, not the .admx file.
    • Yanıt Olarak Öneren sjmurdock 8 Şubat 2018 Perşembe 19:49
    8 Şubat 2018 Perşembe 19:49
  • It works!

Best Regards

22 Mart 2019 Cuma 18:06
  • I installed the LAPS not on a domain controller but on a management server. I also did not see the LAPS GPO. My problem was solved By copying AdmPwd.admx from %windir%\PolicyDefinitions\ to \\domain\SYSVOL\domain\Policies\PolicyDefinitions, and the AdmPwd.admx from %windir%\PolicyDefinitions\en-US to \\domain\SYSVOL\domain\Policies\PolicyDefinitions\en-US

Thanks JasonL-81

20 Eylül 2019 Cuma 06:20