none
5.1 Sequencing Issue: Director Player Error - Unable to load movie playlist... RRS feed

• Soru

• I have 50 some App-V packages sequenced in 4.5 & 4.6 in AdminStudio and I need to re-sequence them in 5.1 for Win10 x64 w/ Office 2016. I attempted to sequence 7 apps today, and each one had this issue when trying to launch (I believe) shockwave media. The issue only occurs after sequencing and loading either via SCCM or manually with PS. The test runs work fine during sequencing.

Director Player Error

Unable to load movie playlist. Does the .INI file exist? It must contain a section '[Movies]' with an entry 'Movie01=Pathname.dir'.

Any tips? I have only sequenced a handful other apps and that was in 4.6 SP3.

8 Mart 2016 Salı 23:35

Yanıtlar

• If you're still having the issue I believe I may have found out what it causing it.

With Appv 5 the location of sequenced applications has moved rather drastically from a virtual Q drive to the users local app data. For example:

"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Integration\AAAAAAAA-1111-1A1A-AA11-AAAA1A1A1111\Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\<application>\” 

The problem occurs because it's expecting a path of 127 characters and with Appv 5 it is at least ~139 and that's just the path you see above. Application name and username lengths don't vary enough to bring this below the 127. This link doesn't include any child directories or the file name it self.

And Sadly I have no idea how we can fix this issue. I would be overjoyed if someone has a fix to this.  

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen JackalAR 12 Temmuz 2016 Salı 13:33
    12 Temmuz 2016 Salı 13:20

Tüm Yanıtlar

• You can try converting these apps from older version to App-V 5.1. App-V 5.1 has very good successful conversion rate. It also resolves Q drive mapping, script handling etc.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt346500(v=vs.85).aspx#BKMK_PkgConvImprove

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt346498(v=vs.85).aspx

You can test the earlier packages for any issues. If not then you can convert them.

If you want to convert bulk number of packages, say in your scenario 50 apps I have written an automation script which you can download and reuse from TechNet gallery. Test the script before using it.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Automate-Convertion-of-old-160f2b28

If converting of apps fails ( 94% it wont) then you can go ahead for sequencing.

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

9 Mart 2016 Çarşamba 03:50
  • Hi,

Did you verify if the required ini is captured during sequencing?

I could be placed on a location which is excluded by default.

Regards,

Ryan

9 Mart 2016 Çarşamba 08:26
  • I am told by Flexera that since these were originally sequenced in AdminStudio 2011, the only way to convert them would be through a fully established application catalog which was never setup. I am also told by my Apps guy that he was unable to do the conversion as the package extension wasn't even supported. I haven't looked into this myself yet, I just moved on to packaging with AdminStudio to crank out .irc projects and MSIs.

I did not see any .ini files associated with the applications, must be something called up by shockwave/flash. I may take another look at this after I get caught up.

9 Mart 2016 Çarşamba 13:38
  • Use procmon to trace the location of the issue.

Try to launch the shortcut in the virtual bubble (cmd.exe /appvve:<productID_VersionID>.

Try editing the shortcut and add cmd.exe /c START "" "app.exe"

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

9 Mart 2016 Çarşamba 14:27
  • If you're still having the issue I believe I may have found out what it causing it.

With Appv 5 the location of sequenced applications has moved rather drastically from a virtual Q drive to the users local app data. For example:

"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Integration\AAAAAAAA-1111-1A1A-AA11-AAAA1A1A1111\Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\<application>\” 

The problem occurs because it's expecting a path of 127 characters and with Appv 5 it is at least ~139 and that's just the path you see above. Application name and username lengths don't vary enough to bring this below the 127. This link doesn't include any child directories or the file name it self.

And Sadly I have no idea how we can fix this issue. I would be overjoyed if someone has a fix to this.  

• Yanıt Olarak İşaretleyen JackalAR 12 Temmuz 2016 Salı 13:33
    12 Temmuz 2016 Salı 13:20
  • Give batch conversion a try.... saves you a lot of time. You got your appv4 packages right? That's all you need, together with the 5.1 sequencer.
    A time ago I batch converted a lot of appv4 packages with a high succes rate.

Roy Essers

13 Temmuz 2016 Çarşamba 23:26
  • Late to the party, but hey ho.  You can resolve this by using a 'junction': https://www.alkanesolutions.co.uk/blog/2019/10/17/app-v-5-junctions-and-path-length-limitations/
    17 Ekim 2019 Perşembe 10:10