none
Can't (re)activate Windows 7 Pro. RRS feed

• 问题

• One of our many Windows 7 Pro Dell PC's are all of a sudden telling me it's not genuine.

When running SLMGR in an elevated command prompt, it tells me it needs to be elevated. I right-clicked and ran it as admin, so not sure how to elevate it more.

Only thing I managed to do was to remove the current product number, and when I call the phone number MS has for activation, it terminates my call if I don't have an activation screen up, which I can't get to.

If I right-click Computer and select Properties, it tells me that both Status and Product ID under Windows activation are not available.

I can clone a hard disk from a similar unit, but would like to not have to do so.

Can someone come up with a way to make the elevated command prompt work so I can insert the product key?

This is a Windows 7 Pro PC on a workgroup. It was on a domain, but I removed it hoping I would get the elevated mode that way by not being part of the domain group policy, but that didn't change a thing.

Thanks for any comments.

EDIT: Never Mind! - Reinstalling Windows. No sense spending hours trying to work on a broken OS.

2019年11月11日 16:29

全部回复

• Hi,

There are numerous items that can cause a "Windows is not Genuine" error in Windows 7. Dell Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Windows uses a special OEM (system Locked Pre-installation (SLP) key and OEM Basic in/out system (BIOS) Flag for activation of the operating system (OS).

Download and install the Latest Available BIOS revision for the system then re-run the WGA tool:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15087/windows-genuine 

Issue should be resolved.

If this does not resolve, please refer to the steps below:

Click the Start button

Type: CMD.exe in the start search field

Right-Click on CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator

Type: net stop sppsvc and press the Enter key. (You may be asked if you are sure, select yes)

Type: cd c:\windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform and press the Enter key.

Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar and press the Enter key.

Type: slui and press the Enter key.

After a couple of seconds Windows Activation dialog will appear. You likely be asked to re-enter your product key and/or re-activate. For Dell systems it will auto-authenticate.

Hope above information can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年11月12日 3:06
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年11月15日 8:31
  • In run type: WinVer

Also,R.click my computer/properties/look at bottom of window,you'll find Product Key,change if needed..

Also,Microsoft/Windows Activation# is/was 8885712048

2019年11月16日 0:15