none
Disable or quiet UAC without reboot from command line RRS feed

• 问题

• I need to be able Disable or quiet UAC without reboot from command line without user confirmation as local system

We use LANDesk and I want to add a part of the script to install turning off or quieting UAC, run install and them turn UAC on

Not all users are Admins so I can run as current logged on user but if admin rights are not need I can run a pre install task as local user run the install task then run a post install task to turn it on

It doesn’t have to be a command line it can be an app Ii position on each machine then call if it can run silently

2010年4月21日 12:36

答案

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

To disable UAC, you can take either of the following methods:

1.     If you use Group Policy to manage UAC, you can edit the local security policy to control this:

1)    From the Start search bar, type "Local Security Policy"

2)    Accept the elevation prompt

3)    From the snap-in, select Security Settings -> Local Policy -> Security Options

4)    Scroll down to the bottom, where you'll find nine different group policy settings for granular configuration of UAC.

2.     Use the following script to elevate the privilege in Windows Vista.

Scripting Elevation on Vista

3.     You can also modify the registry through the following command line:

REG ADD HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0 /f

Important caution: please backup your registry before modifying it, any incorrect modification can cause a unrecoverable damage.

Best Regards 

Dale Qiao
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

2010年4月23日 2:24
    版主

全部回复

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

To disable UAC, you can take either of the following methods:

1.     If you use Group Policy to manage UAC, you can edit the local security policy to control this:

1)    From the Start search bar, type "Local Security Policy"

2)    Accept the elevation prompt

3)    From the snap-in, select Security Settings -> Local Policy -> Security Options

4)    Scroll down to the bottom, where you'll find nine different group policy settings for granular configuration of UAC.

2.     Use the following script to elevate the privilege in Windows Vista.

Scripting Elevation on Vista

3.     You can also modify the registry through the following command line:

REG ADD HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0 /f

Important caution: please backup your registry before modifying it, any incorrect modification can cause a unrecoverable damage.

Best Regards 

Dale Qiao
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

2010年4月23日 2:24
    版主
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as ‘Answered’ as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists, please feel free to  reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish.
    BTW,  we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks for your understanding and efforts.

Best Regards 

Dale Qiao

2010年4月27日 7:42
    版主
  • Hi Dale,

I know this thread has been quite for quite some time but I don't think the answers are correct.  While they do describe the correct way to disable UAC in all methods mentioned a reboot is still required. 

Regards,

Frank

2011年2月16日 19:53
  • correct.
    "A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    2011年2月16日 23:10
  • Ready for me to blow your minds with a hidden "feature"...

To disable UAC for all subsiquent commands in the same session--i.e. if you close the particular script or CMD sessions it resets and you just have to set it again to disable temporarily:

SET __COMPAT_LAYER=WINXPSP3
    • 已建议为答案 EnigmaV8 2013年4月5日 16:09
    2013年4月5日 16:08
  • You can also use this one.

set __COMPAT_LAYER=RunAsInvoker

• 已建议为答案 Aardvark_ 2013年8月15日 10:14
    2013年8月15日 10:14
  • How to I re-enable it in command line?
    2014年2月16日 17:23
  • Hello,

"set __COMPAT_LAYER=RunAsInvoker"

What does it mean ?

Does it mean that the "popup" of UAC or "elevation" is disabled ?
    Does-it mean that the UAC is disabled and "elevation" is not necessary ?

Regards,

2016年1月26日 15:03
  • it showing Access denied
    2018年1月19日 9:20
  • REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    net stop browser && net stop server && net start server && net start browser

--> UAC is disabled, perform your actions

REG DELETE "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy
    net stop browser && net stop server && net start server && net start browser

--> UAC is enabled again

As a bonus, there is an option to disable the Elevation confirmation for admins only (more secure)

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

--> This takes effect immediately, set back to default with

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin /t REG_DWORD /d 5 /f

Regards 

2019年1月6日 12:01