none
Unable to connect. RRS feed

• 问题

• Windows 10

Hyper-V

Error Message:

"Cannot connect to the virtual machine. Try to connect again.  If the problem persists contact your system administrator.  Would you like to try connecting again"

I am unable to connect to a VM.  I am able to start the VM.  

Here are the troubelshooting steps I have taken:

Uninstall and reinstall Hyper-V
    Created Gen 1 and Gen 2 VM
    Assign a Virtual Switch/Unassign a virtual switch
    Start iSCSI service/Stop iSCSI service.
    Attach an OS ISO/Remove OS ISO
    VTx and VTd are enabled in the BIOS.
    No events are occurring in the Event Viewer when this error occurs.
    I've added my user account to the Hyper-V group.  I also run the Hyper-v app as admin.
    I've disabled Virutalization security in gpedit.

I am not sure what else to try at this point.  Anyone have any additional troubleshooting steps?

Thanks.

2018年4月20日 12:45

答案

• Hi MLOGAN111,

Yes, Check your firewall and security software if block the traffic for vmms.exe.

Turn off them to check.

Based on my search, some software such as the team Viewer may be related to the issue. So you could check and uninstall to check.

Also I suggest that you could perform a clean boot to avoid the effects of some software.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Meanwhile, have you tried to create a new VM to check if the issue still insists?

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• 已标记为答案 MLOGAN111 2018年4月26日 11:14
    2018年4月23日 8:43
    版主

全部回复

• Any third party security software \ AV software installed?
    2018年4月20日 21:29
  • Hi MLOGAN111,

Yes, Check your firewall and security software if block the traffic for vmms.exe.

Turn off them to check.

Based on my search, some software such as the team Viewer may be related to the issue. So you could check and uninstall to check.

Also I suggest that you could perform a clean boot to avoid the effects of some software.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Meanwhile, have you tried to create a new VM to check if the issue still insists?

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• 已标记为答案 MLOGAN111 2018年4月26日 11:14
    2018年4月23日 8:43
    版主
  • We have Host Intrusion Prevent that was preventing the connection.    Turning that off worked for me.

Thanks for your help.

2018年4月26日 11:17
  • Thank you so much for this!  I had started using VM's last week with no issue,  starting yesterday, I had the same problem as OP and no matter what I did I was  unable to connect.

I did install a uVNC viewer over the weekend so when I got back home I will see if this fixes the problem.

2018年5月9日 10:47