none
Windows Server 2008R2 Fail to Update Security Update for Windows ( KB4503292 ) RRS feed

• 问题

• Dear Sir

I am not successfully install the 2019-06 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 2008R2 for X64 Based systems, does anyone have the same or any solution on this , million thx.

Regrads

ko

2019年7月15日 9:00

全部回复

• Hi,

Is there any error message?

First, please make sure you have Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 installed. Also, make sure the latest SSU KB4490628 is installed.

You could try to download and install KB4503292 manually via Microsoft Update Catalog.

Meanwhile, run SFC /SCANNOW command to check if any corrupted system files and use system update readiness tool to fix:

Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

If the issue still persists, please reset windows update component:

How do I reset Windows Update components?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/update/windows-update-resources#how-do-i-reset-windows-update-components

Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年7月17日 8:41
    版主
  • Dear David

Thx for your reply, let me check and come back to you later, since that server is in the data center, that will take me some time on it. thx in advance.

Regards

Ko

2019年7月18日 7:08
  • First, please make sure you have Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 installed. Also, make sure the latest SSU KB4490628 is installed.

Ans: The Server is 2008 R2 SP2 already

You could try to download and install KB4503292 manually via Microsoft Update Catalog.

Ans : Try this method already.

Meanwhile, run SFC /SCANNOW command to check if any corrupted system files and use system update readiness tool to fix:

Ans: There are no Error found.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Ans: Reset windows update components but not solve the problem.

Please advise how could I resolve this issue. thx 

Regards

Ko

2019年7月18日 7:31
  • Hi Ko,

Ans: The Server is 2008 R2 SP2 already

This is where the problem arises. From the link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4503292/windows-7-update-kb4503292, we know that this kb4503292 applies to: Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

So, to install this update, we should have Windows server 2008 R2 SP1 installed.

Best Regards,

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年7月18日 8:53
    版主
  • Dear David

Thx all your help, does that means , we do not need to  install this update KB4503292 since the window server R2 SP2 already included this patch ?

Finally , please confirm  with me , we just bypass  this patch on all  for window server R2 SP2.

Regards

KO

2019年7月18日 9:45
  • Hi Ko,

As far as I know, there is no SP2 for Windows Server 2008 R2. 

Could you please run winver command on the machine then share us the version information or post the screenshot here?

Best Regards,

2019年7月18日 10:02
    版主
  • Dear David

Sure , Let me check that later and come back to you, please advise me anything else  you wants me to check?

Thx

ko

2019年7月18日 10:12
  • Hi Ko,

Sorry for late reply. Have you checked the Windows Server version by using winver command?

Was your issue solved?

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best Regards,

2019年8月9日 16:41
    版主