Hey, How a control bandwidth in windows XP? I instal Trafic Shaper XP and this whork when i restart the system this work :) next day i turn on the computer and internet not work, helped unistal Trafic Shaper XP. I instal again the drivers for network card and Trafic Shaper XP and agin internet not work after restart the computer I left computer in this state and when I come back at next day (I changed nothing) the internet work and the bandwidh limit also work and today again it not work, why? Can I control the bandwidh in Windows? Without additional software?
We can try these steps to limit bandwidth:
1.make sure your logged on as actually "Administrator". do not log on with any account that just has administrator privileges.
2. start - run - type gpedit.msc
3. expand the "local computer policy" branch
4. expand the "administrative templates" branch
5. expand the "network branch"
6. Highlight the "QoS Packet Scheduler" in left window
7. in right window double click the "limit reservable bandwidth" setting
8. on setting tab check the "enabled" item
9. where it says "Bandwidth limit %"
TechNet Community Support