none
Hardware compatibility for Storage Drivers? RRS feed

• 问题

• OS Scope Windows 7,8.1,10

For NVMe Device driver [i.e.,Storage Driver] Qualification/Testing is there any need/requirement to do Hardware compatibility test with different motherboard ,chipset,BIOS?

Area of Testing: NVMe STORAGE Drivers

Vineeth Mohanan

2019年5月3日 6:33

全部回复

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

Yes. There are some requirements to do.

1. PCIe NVMe storage-capable hardware motherboard support for the form factor of the SSD (i.e. PCIe, M.2, U.2). Consult your system or motherboard vendor for more information.

2. System BIOS that supports UEFI 2.3.1 or later with NVMe support.

3. Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 10 OS( Other OS supporting these requirements may function properly, but we have not validated them yet).

For more information, please refer to the following link which may help:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000026416/memory-and-storage.html

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

2019年5月6日 3:27
  • Hi,

How was going on this issue, please?

Please let me know if you need further help.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

2019年5月8日 1:18
  • I am developing a Win NVMe driver for NVMe SSD to work with Win 7 to Win 10 Operating system
    Query : To ensure that this driver works on all Motherboards in market. Should I qualify this on different motherboards? Do we need any such hardware compatibility tests
    2019年5月8日 12:45
  • Hi,

Is there anything else I can do to help you on this issue?

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Hurry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

2019年5月10日 1:44
  • could you please address the above query.

I am developing a Win NVMe driver for NVMe SSD to work with Win 7 to Win 10 Operating system
    Query : To ensure that this driver works on all Motherboards in market. Should I qualify this on different motherboards? Do we need any such hardware compatibility tests

Vineeth Mohanan

• 已编辑 Vineeth Mohanan 2019年5月13日 10:00 Query related to my post
    2019年5月13日 9:59
  • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

As far as I'm concerned, you should qualify this on different motherboards and you need some hardware compatibility tests.

Best regards,

Hurry

2019年5月14日 7:22
  • Thanks for the Reply, Could you please list out few possible outcomes and different combinations for the testing purpose to categorize them accordingly.

Regards,

Vineeth Mohanan

Vineeth Mohanan

2019年5月24日 12:16
  • You have mentioned as "some" can you define why it is required ?

For performance tests we would need compatibility. Apart from that is there any reason to do compatibility on multiple hardware

2019年5月24日 12:53
  • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

The Windows Hardware Compatibility Program is designed to help your company deliver systems, software and hardware products that are compatible with Windows and run reliably on Windows 10.

The program  provides guidance for developing, testing and distributing drivers.

Please refer to the following link:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/design/compatibility/

Best regards,

Hurry

2019年5月27日 12:55